Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
jultis

Re: Origin won't launch Sim City

I first tried uninstalling SimCity and Origin, and then reinstalling them both.

Then I tried to clear the windows temp folder manually (C:\windows\temp) and this:
Win button + R. Type %temp%. Delete everything in that search.

During this I tried to update SimCity and repair the installation on several occations.

From when the problem first started (think it was after an update, because it worked for me before I got this problem) and to when I got it to work again, I guess 2-4 hours.

Lookout
mattbobman

and also after I have launched it once, It wont let me click play again even if uninst all and re install the game. also I cannot turn of my computer by clicking shut down, I have to use the power button. This only happens after I click play on simcity

Lookout
klaptafeltje

I got the same problem.

I bought simcity but my DVD drive is broken. So I put in the code in origin and start the download. The game downloads only 268,3 mb installs it but when I run it, it does nothing.

So I decided to make a image from the CD on another computer then use the image to install the game that way. Installing goes great updating all that stuff. I launch the game I get the following error message "you have not redeemed a product code for simcity. Please make sure you redeem the product code in origin"

So I did sensible thing I contacted EU support. We tried many things and I got even 3 different keys and all failed. This conservation took us 1 hour and no solution. The solution is that they forward it to maxis and I get a email IF they find a solution.

I was looking forward to play this game and I am really disappointed.

Lookout
mattbobman

That really sucks if there is no solution, I'm going to keep trying re installing but it seems that the only advice is to buy a dvd version of the game and avoid digital download 

Lookout
mattbobman

OK so after re downloading origin and the game several times and going into origins settins and allowing to update to beta, the game is now onto its actual launcher. Perserverance seems to be the only fix to this at the moment.

Keeper
Masher8559

I'm having the same issue, I just bought the game today for £50! After installing and pressing play i hear music but the game does not launch. 

I did SimCity recovery and after waiting for about 15 minutes to process files nothing had changed. So i selected server 4 instead of 3 and the game finally launched. I played the tutorial until it tells you to check out the other city, at this point it said i had lost connection to the servers and i was sent to the main menu, clicking play had no effect so i decided to quit the game and restart it, only i can no longer launch the bloody game again. 

I'm guessing this is somehow a server issue? despite the server saying available. 

Lookout
klaptafeltje

[ Edited ]

how do you get in beta?  nvm found it but it doenst work

Keeper
puddleonfire

My problem is a bit different I can get into the launcher, I have a physical copy of the game btw but when I press play it crashes and comes up SimCity has stopped working and that's as far as I can get??

Lookout
mattbobman

OK so after doing this alot it took me into the launch screen, I got to that and it updated, it then said click to restart, I did and it never came back and now i have to keep un installing and re installing. Looks like it isn't solved.

Keeper
solearis158

I ran Origin as administrator and then ran SimCity as administrator. The game updated, restarted and loaded. However, I cannot play as I get a message that the servers are down. so frustrating