Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Edward_Tattsyrup
Topics: 13
XP: 4
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Origin won't go online

Origin has gone offline some time during the night and won't go online again.  By using their direct link on the desktop, I can  load other games I've downloaded but not Simcity. 

Lookout
jennyhale

Re: Origin won't go online

There needs to be some other way to access the game when Origin is unavailable. I have no need to play in shared game spaces, just want to tinker with my own city on my own PC.

EA_Lars
Topics: 7
XP: 276
Solutions: 1,433

The EA and Origin login function is currently down, as well as Answer HQ. This means that you will likely be unable to login to access your account online, cases, forum posts, or contact a Game Advisor. Some titles are also experiencing a temporary outage and may not load or be accessible online at this time.

Our team is monitoring this outage and are working to restore normal access as soon as possible. Please feel free to browse our Help Center for technical support articles, patch and update notes, and more to find answers!

Stay tuned to this article for further updates and thanks for being an EA player.

Lookout
jennyhale

Why is this marked "solved", when it is not solved at all?

Lookout
jennyhale

By the way, since we're chatting about this in AnswerHQ, obviously that is not having issues, or not having them any more.

Edward_Tattsyrup

Jenny, likewise - I'm running it with no population to see how long it takes to get rid of radiation which could take forever - no need to be multiplayered at all for my purposes right now.  Are you able to load origin?

Edward_Tattsyrup

Wow super fast answering lol.  Hey am I in a parallel universe - I am chatting on answerhq while it isnt working.

Thanks for the quick reply ealars.

Lookout
jennyhale

Seems to be back now - thanks!

Edward_Tattsyrup

Jenny???  What seems to be back? 

Keeper
wcyaffle

Here's a suggestion - rather than having an error message in Origin saying that the user is offline and then a button to "go online" which does nothing, leading to the user thinking its them and restarting Origin, restarting their PC, uninstalling and restarting Origin again etc why not have it say:

"Don't panic, our bad, the servers are down. Click here <url> for an update of when they'll be back".

It would save a lot of this nonsense.

Of course - having an OFFLINE MODE would completely resolve it.