Origin doesn't launch. It opens a small window but does nothing. Sim City does not show up anywhere.

by Branwynn5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin doesn't launch. It opens a small window but does nothing. Sim City does not show up anywhere.

★★ Novice

Can anyone help me make this piece of Doo Doo work? I even downloaded a zip from EA and tried that. NOTHING WORKS! HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 14 (12,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin doesn't launch. It opens a small window but does nothing. Sim City does not show up anywh

EA Staff
Message 6 of 14 (13,697 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin doesn't launch. It opens a small window but does nothing. Sim City does not show up anywh

EA Staff

What kind of window does it open? Is it the log in screen?

Message 2 of 14 (12,361 Views)

★★ Novice

Just a window on my task bar at the bottom labeled Origin. Does nothing else.

Message 3 of 14 (12,360 Views)

★★ Novice

Bought Sim City. Loaded disk. Installed. Clicked accept on updates. It loads up a desktop icon, opens small window for half a second, then nothing.

Message 4 of 14 (12,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I thought someone was here?

Message 5 of 14 (12,352 Views)

EA Staff

Could you please try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-open/m-p/2339015#M47010?

Message 6 of 14 (13,698 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try. Gonna have to reinstall because I uninstalled it. I've been trying to make this work for two days now. 

Message 7 of 14 (12,346 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!  That worked. Resized the screen and a ghost-like origin window appeared but I couldn't type in the boxes. Exited Origin and restarted it and BINGO! it worked. YOU ARE AWESOME! 

Message 8 of 14 (12,341 Views)

★★ Novice
Finally got Origin to load up after two days and downloaded Sim City. I live in a rural area with slow internet. Due to glichy running and multiple crashes I'm giving up on this game. EA has ruined it with online play. I never thought they could screw up Sim City. I've been playing this game for over twenty years, since the original game. Looks like I'll never play it again and EA will NOT be getting any more of my money.
Message 9 of 14 (12,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem, since the update of this week (8/7/14); I have reinstalled it several times (registry included); Origin just doesn't show up, the task manager (WIN 8) says the program is running but it won't show up

help

Message 10 of 14 (12,268 Views)