No bulldozing of single building expansions possible

by viatorcaeli

Original Post

No bulldozing of single building expansions possible

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

after "installation" of update 8.1 OR Progressive office building OR expansion pack "Cities of tomorrow" (all happened yesterday), there is a bug in the game that wasn't there before.

After a desaster I wanted to buldoze the parts of a recycling center that were destroyed (not the complete recycling center was destroyed). After choosing the buildings-sub-menu the bulldoze button becomes inactive and I wasn't able to buldoze the destroyed metal recycling line.

This happens also with fully intact buildings, e.g. I want to reorganize my trade depot. When I choose the buildings sub-menu to bulldoze a storage and replace it by another...it's not gonna happen, the bulldoze button is inactive. I only can expand the trade depot or I can bulldoze it completely

Does anyone have similar problems?

Regards

EDIT: Problem was fixed. Everythings works fine again...

Message 1 of 8 (1,279 Views)

Re: No bulldozing of single building expansions possible

EA Sims Team

Can you include

City Name

Server Name

Origin ID

And we'll take a look, thanks.

Message 2 of 8 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problems after installing Cities of Tomorrow.  I can't bulldoze anything in the edit menu like I could before i.e. to swap bins at the trade depot etc.

Message 3 of 8 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that I am also having the same issue since installing Cities of Tomorrow... I am unable to bulldoze any add-on section of a building... it is really frustrating!! Please fix it!

Message 4 of 8 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I encountered the same problem after installing Cities of Tomorrow. Very annoying. 

When you want swap out storages or even when you want to destroy a dirt road from a wind plant you have to completely destroy it and rebuild it. Fix it please.

Message 5 of 8 (1,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

i too have this problem and its going to be really expensive if i have to demolish my entre hospital just to clear 1 wellness centre... also only had this problem since i installed cities of tomorrow,

Server: Europe West 1

Region: Yorkshire

City: Wakefield

Origin ID: is that asking for my name or something else?

Message 6 of 8 (1,165 Views)

★ Novice
Same here on every city after installing Cities of Tomorrow
Origin ID: Javimoran

It's been 5 years and this is still not fixed?
Message 7 of 8 (918 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I'm not sure why you're having this issue, but the OP's problem was fixed back in 2013.

Maybe you got some corruption or something when you installed CoT? First thing I would do is log out of everything and repair game - Open Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and choose "Repair Game".

Set both Origin.exe and SimCity.exe to "Run As Administrator". Check to be sure both programs are still in your exception lists for your anti-virus and firewall. If you have BitDefender or MSI's sound program Nahimic 2, disable or uninstall them.

If these steps don't work, start another thread with info on what exactly is happening in your case. OP said it started after a disaster, you say it's happening in every one of your cities, so I assume you don't have a disaster. Is it every building with extensions, or one particular one? Good luck!
Message 8 of 8 (911 Views)