Maglev Station Bug

by noctolater

Original Post

Re: Maglev Station Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Has anyone figured out how to delete these pieces of track? I had the perfect place for a station, right between two others. Tried it, got track. Okay, I could just have it a little to the left. Tried again, got track. I had it PAUSED when I tried the third time, to the right, to make sure no money way disappearing on me. GOT TRACK AGAIN.

Every time I do this, my money goes down. Nothing else took it, as the game was paused. So, is this because I'm paying for the track first? Should that not be included in the price, the Simoleon value I must have prior to plopping? Like, make it a bit more expensive so it won't let me try until it can finish the job, or make the rest of it cheaper to match what's on the box. And why can the track not be deleted afterwards?

Message 11 of 30 (2,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep. I got exactly the same thing. Tried a bunch of different things. Logged out logged in. Clearly selected portions easily that weren't formed by station glitch and cant select the track that appeared when i tried to place a station at all.

Google searched for solution. Can't accept that a major title would carry such a terminal bug this far after release.

Message 12 of 30 (2,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem wih the station. When i put one down the tracks only appear so please fix this problem for me. Btw if i put another station after you fix this issue for me well the problem reoccur?

Message 13 of 30 (1,959 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having this issue too :/ damn near ruined my city, giving me a huge unusable space above a move transit hub
Message 14 of 30 (1,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same problem, and I think I found what was causing the Station to not appear, and leaving the undeletable tracks. It always seemed to happen with Medium/High Density buildings next to where the Station was placed. So I tried bulldozing all the zoned buildings around it, and I was able to place the station without it bugging out (placed station next to where I tried to before). So far all I have noticed is actual zoned buildings causing this to happen, not sure if buildings bought effect them or not. Hope this helps...

Message 15 of 30 (1,898 Views)

★ Novice
@ Grimm_FailTastic

Holyshit yea that's probably it ! Are you able to destroy the unplaced mag level station tracks at any point ?
Message 16 of 30 (1,894 Views)

★★ Novice

So far no, and its been a while since I've placed them. The tracks do still work, I was just lucky and able to work around the bugged tracks.

Message 17 of 30 (1,882 Views)

★★ Novice

Well it dosent seem to be only Medium/High Density buildings, Parks, the City Hall, and even the small firestation will cause this bug. I've abandoned countless Cities now due to this bug, so I believe I will just straight give up on the Maglev, which is a shame, as it really is the best way to keep traffic down...

Message 18 of 30 (1,867 Views)

★★ Novice

MagLev Bug

Seems that the bug does not require anything to be around it, I think how fast actually trying to lay it down after moving the selection may also have something to do with the bug. 

Message 19 of 30 (1,856 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem and it is incredibly frustrating. I first experienced this bug in the couple of days after I bought the Cities of Tomorrow expansion, and it has not yet been resolved! This is absolutely unacceptable, as this is a major bug that has created huge problems in many cities. There is no possible way to delete this invisible, functioning station, or the hovering track. EA, seriously. It's been months. Fix this.

Message 20 of 30 (1,780 Views)