Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Info request] SimCity disappeared from Origin games/ asks for code confirmation/ CD key is already used

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Re: [Info request] SimCity disappeared from Origin games/ asks for code confirmation/ CD key is already used

★★★★ Newbie

16/06/13

i pre ordered it so since release

Silikx

Europe west 3

ive only played in private regions

on a side not it worked fine yesterday

Message 21 of 210 (1,926 Views)

Re: [Info request] SimCity disappeared from Origin games/ asks for code confirmation/ CD key is already used

★★★★ Novice

Where did you buy SimCity? Vienna,Austria

Description of the issue's first occurrence- Just now when I reconnected to my account it was gone. Before I quit the programm over my task manager.

How long you've had the game for? 2 month

Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: ketzermatthias

Name of a server you played on: eu east 3. i think

Name of one of the regions you played in on said server: Daria

Name of a city in said region: soiree sands

Screenshot of the issue:  http://imgur.com/o5RnjTU

Please help me

Message 22 of 210 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Where did you buy SimCity? gift (cd key)

Description of the issue's first occurrence: after lauching origin, no games in the games tab (I only own SimCity)

Date of the issue's first occurrence: 16/06/2013

How long you've had the game for: 2 months

Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: SlingSpinner

- Name of a server you played on : NA West 1

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server : Bobblehead Garden

- Name of a city in said region: don't remember

Message 23 of 210 (1,920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

- Where did you buy SimCity? Retail shop in the Netherlands

- Description of the issue's first occurrence: Last thing i did was update windows. Since last time i played i haven't updated or installed anything else. (unless something updated automatically)

- Date of the issue's first occurrence: 16-06-2013, but didn't try to play for a while...

- How long you've had the game for: Origin says i added the game on 20th of march, i think thats about right.

- Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: emiel84

- Name of a server you played on : i think western europe 6.

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server : Nederland and Drechtsteden

- Name of a city in said region: Slogteren and Rotterdam

- Screenshot of the issue: use www.imgur.com oranother free host, post the link to the image)    see: http://imgur.com/vsutjg9

Origin says the game was not added to my account and i have to enter the activation code. When i enter the activation code origin says an error has occured and i should try again later. When i press okay i get a message about a time out in the session and the whole thing starts over. In origin also my simcity "box" disappeared. There is now a Origin logo instead and is says two things when i select this: "User has already received their complementary game" and "u have already reservered User has already received their complementary game ( no this is not a typo, this is what Origin actually says!!)

Message 24 of 210 (1,914 Views)

★★ Novice

Where did you buy SimCity? retail, don't know where exactly

Description of the issue's first occurrence: a reconnection to my account

Date of the issue's first occurrence: 16. June 2013 20:15 GMT+1

How long you've had the game for: 4 days after release

Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: DrJAZoidberg

- Name of a server you played on : europa-west 2

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server : "um gottes willen..."

- Name of a city in said region: verneskreuz

- Screenshot of the issue: http://imgur.com/FifoGtz,kZwsvZF

http://imgur.com/FifoGtz,kZwsvZF#1

logged back into origin while steam was downloading with full bandwidth

Message 25 of 210 (1,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

13 accounts where the game disapeared in a time of 45 minutes that cant be mere coincidence.

Message 26 of 210 (1,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

- Where did you buy SimCity? Physical, GAME

- Description of the issue's first occurrence: I just started origin as always and at "games" section simcity wasn't there

- Date of the issue's first occurrence: Today (16th june)

- How long you've had the game for: 2 weeks

- Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: xPhoboss

- Name of a server you played on : West europe 4 and 5

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server: I don't remember...

- Name of a city in said region: Asgaard

- Screenshot of the issue: simply doesn't appear the game

Message 27 of 210 (1,894 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

- Where did you buy SimCity? Retail outlet

- Description of the issue's first occurrence: I loaded the game and played without incident for several weeks about three months ago. I then didn't play for almost a month; when I returned to play today, June 16th 2013, Simcity wouldn't launch from my desktop and was nowhere to be found in my Origin games library.

- Date of the issue's first occurrence:  June 16th 2013

- How long you've had the game for: Approximately 3 months

- Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: Frapps525

- Name of a server you played on : I think it was North America 4, but I am not sure

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server: Not sure

- Name of a city in said region: There were a few cities but the only one I can remember at the moment was New Surrey

- Screenshot of the issue: http://imgur.com/gallery/W2AbgjS/new

Message 28 of 210 (1,867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Where did you buy SimCity? physical copy from Public

Description of the issue's first occurrence: when launching simcity

Date of the issue's first occurrence: 6/16/2013

How long you've had the game for: about 2 weeks

Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: pantel2729

- Name of a server you played on : europe west 3

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server : Therine

- Name of a city in said region: Wavefronts

Message 29 of 210 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

- Where did you buy SimCity? Retail outlet.

- Description of the issue's first occurrence: Nothing happened, I opened my pc normally then tried to start the game but this problem happened....

- Date of the issue's first occurrence: 16/6/2013

- How long you've had the game for: A month

- Name of the Origin account used to play SimCity: yousefharaga

- Name of a server you played on : Europe East 2

- Name of one of the regions you played in on said server : Sandbox

- Name of a city in said region: Dont remeber....

- Screenshot of the issue: http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc480/Yousef_Haraga/ScreenShot044_zps81d43044.png

EDIT:

So I added the game manually to origin so I can play it but it is listed as a non-origin game. Please adress this problem and tell us the solution.

Message 30 of 210 (1,840 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

itiagik wrote:

I have the same problem and im not filling out your little questionaire it should be fixed by now gees... wtf is going on

This "info request" was originally started to gather information on why players were having this particular issue. It has long since been discovered that the Origin update in question simply cleared your Origin auto login information. This has mostly affected players who haven't logged in for some time.

If you contact a game advisor they can repair your account if it's a glitch, otherwise they will simply ask you for possible email addresses (accounts) you might have and verify if SimCity is active on that account. From what I've read the game advisors aren't allowed to tell you what account your game code is active on for security reasons. I suppose they could send you an email, which is kind of ironic since that's the issue to begin with. You can't remember the correct account.

Solution: Close your eyes and imagine the day you bought SimCity and registered your Origin account. You were on the Origin site.. or it was during the install. Maybe you recieved an email with the information. You recall that you were so excited that you almost pee'd yourself..

You're typing in the email address. It was..

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com