Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
eaeve
Topics: 79
XP: 438
Solutions: 462
Accepted Solution

[Info request] Cannot process this city at this time.

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We've come across reports of players receiving the following error message when trying to log into their city: "Cannot process this city at this time". The development team is currently looking into these reports, but to speed up and assist this investigation we would like to ask you for more details.

Please post the following information as a reply to this thread:

• Your Origin ID
  • Your City Name
  • The Region Name
  • The Server Name
  • How did you end your session last time you were playing the city (For example: By killing the task in task manager, by clicking X on the top right of the game window, by turning off or sleeping the system, by using the in game Quit SimCity button, System crash,...)

Any additional information that may assist us.

Thanks a lot and please be assured that we are working diligently to resolve this issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。◕‿◕。------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer somebody's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeper
Kamikaze_Urmel

Re: [Info request] Cannot process this city at this time.

-Kamikaze_Urmel

-The entire french army

-MordorHQ.com

-North america east 4

It said that I have to do a rollback of my city to the last known working state.

After that it just gives me the "Cannot process this city at this time"

Keeper
stbu

- Origin ID: STBU

- City name: Arc

- Region name: Simtopa

- Server name: Antarctica

"City couldnt progress correctly", "rollback to working state" and it ended up as "Cannot process this city at this time".

Keeper
dhp4

[ Edited ]

- Origin ID (if different from your AHQ account): dhp4

- City name: Application Square Pk.

- Region name: Atollia

- Server name: Oceanic 2

What appears to have started this was a crash of the game (my fault, power went out) during an alien invasion. (I noticed there are 3 aliens now flying around when I load the game). Now whenever the game gets around to 9PM it says it isn't "processing properly" and dumps me back to the main menu. The only options are to rollback or abandon, so I rolled it back a few times.

Edit: I renamed the city and abandoned it. The city name saved (interesting...) but now the entire region won't load ("Loading Failed. Please try again"). HA!

If I load a city through last played and look at it thru region view I can only visit it (and its owned by "undefined").

Sentinel
gh0stdoll

Origin ID: Gh0stDoll

City name: Orgy

Region name: Orgy

Server name: NA East 2

Have been able to play on launch day for 3 to 4 hours, then I had to do a rollback, then the server disconnected, I haven't been able to play on this region ever since. 'Unable to load city at this time, please try again'

Keeper
lazurak

- Origin ID: Lazurak

- City name: Tourist Trap

- Region name: Tabago Isles

- Server name: NA East 3

"City couldnt progress correctly", "rollback to working state" and it ended up as "Cannot process this city at this time".

Keeper
4rturr

• Arturr
  • Clearwater
  • Trinity
  • Europe West 3
  • Was playing normally, came up with processing message and did I want to do a Roll Back?  I selected yes but just sat on loading screeen.  Now when I login it can see the Town but if I select it I get "Cannot process this city at this time." Press okay and it takes me back a screen, if I select it again it goes into Loading screen "but with no name" and sits there until I have to close the program from Desktop.
Keeper
code3high

-Code3High

-Clearwater

-Slow Server Valley

-Oceanic 1

happened when switching city to city in region.  Asked to rollback or abandon.  I chose Roll Back.  Now says City currently processing, check back soon (been like this for a few days now).

Keeper
rxrebel10

- rxrebel10

- Starterupper

- RxIslands

- North American East 3

Got an in-game message making me close city that stated "city wasn't processing properly" and I needed to roll back to a previous working state or abandon city.  Now every time I try to log in I'm told cannot log in at this time to please try again later.  I was able to start another city in same region and can get to it.  Also, a friend playing in same region is having no problems and could still visit my original city (Starterupper).  I also cannot visit either of the 2 cities the friend has started.  Also, if it helps at all have been playing today on a different PC then originally installed game on and started city.

Keeper
marcbaillie23

marc_baillie29

Las Crosby

Cumbria

Europe West 5

Quit Simcity buttn on menu

Th cty is there and still sends things to my new city but it says it is processing and I cannot access it