Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
mistamush

How to delete/abandon a city in Simcity 5

How to abondon a city. In the game it was showing me how to claim a city but wouldnt let me not claim it. So i claimed it but i would prefer not to have it. Thoughts?

Sentinel
Diseased-LJ

Re: How to delete/abandon a city in Simcity 5

theres no way to delete a city completly other then bulldoseing it to the ground :smileywink: even then it doesnt reset the city

to abandon the city go to your city selections.. in the top right corner there is an X click that to abandon that city/region.. it will however stay there for someone else to claim

Keeper
prs130prs130

If the city is broke, and all three bond measures are maxed out, then the game pauses, and there's no way out of your fiscal emergency. To top it off, it's impossible to delete the city and start over?

I gifted 600k simoleons to try to save the city before it went into the red; the money came out of the donor city's account, but never appeared in the donee's account. Next step, bankruptcy with no way out.

Now I've got a dead, unplayable city smack dab in the middle of my region.

Keeper
rasmusnielsen111

I have a city yo, where I spend all my money and loans on the road layout before eny sims moved in, so nobody to tax, no services to turn off, so yes we need a delete button, because cites where you do an experimnt to see if something works or not, then we need to wipe it, and start over.

So the wish is for a delete button somewhere.

Lookout
MAGWolfen

Be nice too since Maxis can't seem to read the forums about thier Delux bug where other players who don't have delux cannot claim your city even if you have nothing put down from the delux addition. But sure Maxis will ignore us. If only durring beta they had open regions we could have found all these bugs that they missed.

Lookout
ghawain86

I wanted to see what happened when the nuke power plant blew... bad move. The entire place is radiated, of course, but I can't get rid of the city to reset everything....

xVertigo101x

If you gifted 600K and your stuck with the game paused you can't get the money because you have to get out of debt in the first place.

Um Thank you for breaking my game is all I can say.

I have had this happen so many times becuase factories will not hire or the dump says we need workers for months on end.

Simcity has more bugs then DIablo 3 had at launch and feels more like it is in the early beta stage

Keeper
cartina

I know it's not a fun fix, but personally I have solved maxed out bonds with a bulldozed city by using disasters to start the game time again and let bonds run out that way. It's a complicated and boring solution, but if you really want to save that particular plot of land...

1. When the "You are broke" screen appears, select disasters and start one (This requires you to have atleast one disaster unlocked).

2. When the disaster starts, this should unlock the pause.

3. Leave the game running with 0$ and let the bonds tick down every hour until one clears up.

4. Use a bond to rebuild the city.

It's not fun, it's not fast, but really the only way to save it if you gone bulldozing everything.

But you can really only abandon a city easily and let another mayor take over (which they probably wont). Resetting to no pollution/50,000$ is currently not an option.

Sentinel
srjuez

[ Edited ]

I will try to turn these cities that I would like to restart to water/garbage/recycling/power providers for the region, at least until they implement the option to delete the city or reset all atributes.

Why is it not the case I have no clue, I guess they want the global city number to move up? Or as somebody else suggested, deleting a city would be a microtransaction later on?

Keeper
stefurios86

the disaster solution is working!!! i sended some money from another of my city but before i couldn't receive because of the paused (forced) game, but whit the disater the times run and received the money and getted off the stupid situation..... 
with simcity 2013 EA really diasppointed me