Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

by tjsexton2

Original Post

How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★★★ Newbie

Title says it all

Message 1 of 5 (24,517 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★★★★ Novice

Under roads, next to the advisor's face there is a bunch of small icons. There is one that is an arrow that swoops up, its called upgrade roads, you pay the difference.

Message 2 of 5 (24,431 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★ Apprentice
Message 3 of 5 (24,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe you are wondering how to upgrade a Street into an Avenue without having to bulldoze everything in the area?  

The answer is you can't.  This is one I have been struggling with, because the optimal zoning between a Street and Avenue is different.  I am guessing that once you hit the stage where you need the Avenues, you have to raze a section at a time?

I saw a tutorial where he started with Avenues, and I tried for myself.  Of course I had to take out all 3 bonds, but it worked out, however I worked out.  

Message 4 of 5 (24,403 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings o

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

this is unacceptable.

Message 5 of 5 (11,895 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com