Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings o

by ricmetalster

Original Post

How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★★★ Newbie

Title says it all

Message 1 of 6 (34,785 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★★ Novice

Under roads, next to the advisor's face there is a bunch of small icons. There is one that is an arrow that swoops up, its called upgrade roads, you pay the difference.

Message 2 of 6 (34,694 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings on it?

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 3 of 6 (34,692 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe you are wondering how to upgrade a Street into an Avenue without having to bulldoze everything in the area?  

The answer is you can't.  This is one I have been struggling with, because the optimal zoning between a Street and Avenue is different.  I am guessing that once you hit the stage where you need the Avenues, you have to raze a section at a time?

I saw a tutorial where he started with Avenues, and I tried for myself.  Of course I had to take out all 3 bonds, but it worked out, however I worked out.  

Message 4 of 6 (34,666 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and all the buildings o

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

this is unacceptable.

Message 5 of 6 (22,158 Views)

Re: How do I upgrade roads on simcity 5 without destroying the existing road and

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (8,030 Views)