Re: Garbage trucks stucked at abondoned tunnel

by EA_Zoe

Original Post

Garbage trucks stucked at abondoned tunnel

★★ Novice

Hi all,

i was build a tunnel in my sicy and i decided to remove it. when i bulldoze it, it's not completely bulldozed. instead of that all my garbage and reycling trucks entered that abondened tunnel. what should i do. i bulldoze my garbage plant and renewed it but same thing happened again.

Message 1 of 4 (707 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @bulutbeyaz,

Hopefully a simple reparation of the game files will help. To do so, open your Origin library, mouse over the game image and click on Repair the game. 

Let us know if it worked.

Message 2 of 4 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work for me...tunnel still there

Message 3 of 4 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This happens with high density streetcar tunnels, and there has never been a game fix. *see below With other tunnels (dirt roads, medium density streets, etc), sometimes it just takes some fiddling and a lot of clicking to get the cursor to lock on to one of the ends of the tunnel, but if it's a high density streetcar avenue tunnel, it's impossible to delete for some reason.

I have successfully used this mod: Avenue with Streetcar Tunnel Bulldoze Fix by Buggi  

For this or any other mods, after you download it, extract the *.package file. Make sure SimCity is closed, then place the file in your \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData folder. The tunnel fix works well in both online and offline mode - just reopen SimCity and you'll be able to select the tunnel and delete it.

* I did read that there was a patch that fixed this. You have to delete the tunnel first, before deleting the avenues connected to it. So try connecting roads to each end again, and then deleting the tunnel. This never worked for me, but if it works for you, you won't have to install the mod. 

Message 4 of 4 (548 Views)