Do you mean 
EA_Dennis
Topics: 192
XP: 2,064
Solutions: 2,937

[FAQ] Friends in SimCity

[ Edited ]

Hi Mayors,

we’ve noticed there’s some confusion about adding and playing with friends in SimCity. To clarify, here’s some helpful questions and answers to assist you:

Q: How do I add friends?
A: You can find friends and send them friend requests using the Origin Friends List tab button on the main menu. From here, type in their Origin username to search for them and click the plus button next to their name to send them a friend request invite. They will need to accept your request before you are officially friends. For more information about adding friends on Origin, view this link: https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-import-my-ea-friends-into-origin

Q: How do I find my friends?
A: You can search for friends directly in-game using the Origin Friends List tab in the main menu or while playing.

Q: How do I join my friends’ regions?
A: You can search for your friends’ regions from the Play menu under the Join Game tab. From here, select the Friends tab and choose which friends you would like to filter your search by. Invitations to regions will appear in the Games Invites button on the main menu. From here, click on the invite to join the region and claim a city. You can also view CityLog to see what regions your friends are playing and it will take you directly to their region.

Q: How do I invite my friends to play in a region with me?
A: From the Play menu, go to the Resume Game tab. From here, open one of your saved regions and click the “Invite Friends” tab to send requests to join your region. You can also invite friends when creating a new region, even if it’s private.

Q: Why can’t I find my friend in the Origin friends search? I know we are Origin friends and we both play SimCity.
A: This can result when you are playing on different servers. In order to play with your friends, you’ll all need to join the same server.

Please see our FAQ on how to change a server: [FAQ] How to Choose a SimCity Server

We are also aware of some instances of the friend system not behaving as expected. The team is actively looking into this at the moment and hope to resolve it soon. Thanks!