Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

by rbrome

Original Post

Re: Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

★★★★ Novice

Update:  I am back to 100% enrollment after bulldozing the one Dormitory at my University.  I recommend just using the Dormitories to level up the University and then removing them after that.

Message 71 of 74 (6,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, its December 2020, and this problem is still alive and well.

Any hope of this bug being fixed before the cure for cure for cancer is invented?

I have had multiple games all end up with problems from the trade port not working and then a sudden no more global shipment crisis and this education issue is the cake taker.

I hope there will be a response and fix regarding this issue sometime within the decade that it was posted.

Message 72 of 74 (724 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RaininLed wrote:

So, its December 2020, and this problem is still alive and well.

Any hope of this bug being fixed before the cure for cure for cancer is invented?

I have had multiple games all end up with problems from the trade port not working and then a sudden no more global shipment crisis and this education issue is the cake taker.

I hope there will be a response and fix regarding this issue sometime within the decade that it was posted.

Unfortunately, SimCity 2013 is a legacy game. The last patch / update for this game was in December 2014, and there will be no more patches for this version. 

The issue with student enrollment is unfortunately one of those bugs that they never fixed completely. It has to do with the fact that they never really solved the regional sharing for education / workers / shoppers, and it really becomes prevalent if you have another city in the region that has a "draw" for students (like a university). The student agents will leave - "going to the region" - but once they leave the city border, they are no longer tracking back to your city. The unfortunate truth is that you have to treat each city as its own entity for things like education & shopping. Even though the game prompts you to use the cities as specialties and share sims, in reality it never really worked. 

This Skye Storme video explains the issue, and how to solve it - which basically is identifying which residential buildings have lost their students, bulldozing them to reset the proper amount, and keeping an eye on it for the future. It's a very frustrating bug that we're stuck with. I wish I had better news for you.

Message 73 of 74 (696 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Since this is a pretty old thread that has been inactive for several years I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. If you need some help with a similar issue please post a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 74 of 74 (690 Views)