Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

by rbrome

Original Post

Re: Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

★★ Apprentice

is there an ETA for this fix? one of my cities is about to be overrun due to ground polution from a very preventable nuclear meltdown had my sims been educated the way they should have been.

Message 11 of 74 (2,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just lost a city due to meltdown too... Went from 3 gears and 4 hats to 0 gears and 1 hat from one moment to the other... Kindly fix, oh and try and playtest your fixes before releasing this time, so it won't be like the many times where you've broken other stuff while fixing some stuff...

Message 12 of 74 (2,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem, but in my experience enrollment drops to <30%.

Origin ID: Opplyse

Server: Pacific 1
Region: Bugs
City: Gaugin

Check out this super-helpful site: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SimCity_(2013)/Bugs
This bug is #046 in this long list of major bugs:
"#046 - After a bit of progression, attendance rates of education facilities may in some cases drop dramatically for no reason. Note: This is not the same is your students moving to the highest grade school in your city you have available. This is no school in the city taking in more than a few 100 students regardless. Workaround: Build all education facilities and max upgrade them so that your available desk essential triples your actual need. This will fix your attendance problem, but does not"

The quoted workaround is not effective.

Message 13 of 74 (2,424 Views)

EA Sims Team

We are looking for more city details for those experiencing this that we can check a fix against.

Server Name:

City Name:

Origin ID:

Thanks

Message 14 of 74 (2,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have at least half a dozen neighboring cities.  I have developed mostly University towns there, as well.   I thought that I read on the EA blog that the 8.1 update was supposed to fix the education bug.  I have already taken 9 hours to restore my  data, but no use--still seeing same problem as before.

Server:  North America East 3

City Name:  McKenzie Point

Origin ID:  Lake_Lord

Message 15 of 74 (2,413 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this problem a few times. In each case I had adjacent cities in the region with either university, highschool, or both.

Message 16 of 74 (2,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Server: North America East 1

City Name: Namaka Beach

Origin ID: [edit: email address removed]

Message 17 of 74 (2,393 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin ID: Rokur02

Server: North America East 3
Region: Lofination
City: Pretty much all of them will suffer, recently been playing Rokslick and new Rokslick. 

Enrollment drops at some point for ALL of my cities. (This is a private region, so I own every city in there, and they all suffer this problem). No the students are not going to other cities. In fact, I'm supposed to get students from the arcology, but that doesn't work either. 

The workaround I have is, A) I don't build nuclear reactors anymore. B) Leave the city and come back to it. Enrollment rises again when I come back (usually), but if I keep playing the city, it will happen again. 

Message 18 of 74 (2,382 Views)

★★ Novice

Origin ID: Opplyse

Server: Pacific 1

Region: Region

Cities: Harp, Overloo, Cotton Bend

Message 19 of 74 (2,367 Views)

★★ Novice

Students not going to school for me either. I demolished the school and rebuilt it. I also added a community college recently and it still doesn't fix. I was observing the numbers and my University had a capacity of 1800 students and the number on the left of the capacity was way over that amount. Something must be wrong in the math and therefore it offsets how many students are enrolled/attending school. The students will say they are walking to school but go opposite of where the school is. They never get there. I also noticed a hospital bug that was sort of similar. The clinic has a capacity of 10 normally but somehow I had a capacity of 15. Another bug is the train station was working fine then all of a sudden sims don't load into the trains when they come and they complain about the train being too packed when only 2 get in but there are over 300 waiting for the train. It doesn't make sense. This game has been making my head hurt. These are just some bug I can think of off the top of my head. All have been after update 8.1. Thanks I hope I help you guys see something that you aren't seeing.

Server Name: North America West 4

City Name: City Of Dreams

Origin ID: LokstaPimp

Message 20 of 74 (2,364 Views)