Re: Education bug? (enrollment drops to ~55%)

by moomookow

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Argh, I'm having the same problem.  It's really frustrating.  Thousands of students just don't go to school, but they don't show up on the education map either.  Is there some kind of workaround?  I might try bulldozing the residential, so it matters that you do it at night? 

Message 61 of 74 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where are all these unenrolled students??

Message 62 of 74 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the topic necro, but seems its a mixed issue of agents getting lost in mass transit and not having a school with in certain radius of there home.

I solved most of my issues by dedicating streetcars to the uni, and plopping a community college next to my low wealth mega tower, as that tower kept having 600 ish unrolled students. Despite the fact that all mass transit options have a wait time of less then 45min, some students return home around midnight (acording to the data layers). Streams of pedestrians are walking around my towns that have mass transit, so im thinking there walking home from one side of town to the other.

I have even seen agents walking from 1 bus or street car stop to the other, to be transported 4/5 blocks and then walk back agian in a congo line to rince and repeat .....

PS: i personally dont have the game, and had this happen on a friends game in offline mode when i wanted to see how bad it really was (after reading several reviews and watching tons of youtube videos). I dint buy the game because of the online requirement, and seems with this dumb agent system it was good choice would have been money wasted tbh most basic things dont work because agents are getting lost in the most simple road/transit networks not matter what you do.

Message 63 of 74 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, and the most frustrating thing is that industry complains not enough skilled workers.

Message 64 of 74 (1,394 Views)

★ Novice

Is there are a sollution?

Message 65 of 74 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for negro but the it's 2015 and the bug still exists. I believe the busses took some of my student agents and took them outside the city. I have 2155 enrolled students, 26 not enrolled and 764 students are missing. I have one neighbor city in my region and I'm playing offline.

Message 66 of 74 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

March 2015, this problem persists. I have high-rises that are white with uneducated, while there are more than enough seats for the students and traffic is not an issue. 

Message 67 of 74 (1,167 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem.  I'm even more shocked to see this post and realize they've been aware of this game-breaking bug for nearly two years, and have failed to take action.  Needless to say that if the glitch were causing users to get free access to one of their many cheap DLCs it would have been fixed.  I've had friends ask if they should get this game.  I've never been able to say yes because it has functioned properly only for brief moments amid a mess of glitches that make the game unplayable.  Specific to this: it's not as though education is a minor component to game play.  If that mechanic breaks in any way, the game does not work.  

If this were the only issue, it would be tolerable to wait for a fix.  But the entire game has been a rolling disaster.  Moving a big-budget product from dozens of fatal defects down to one or two is not acceptable progress.  It is an indictment of your business on every level.  If this game were a $10 toaster that used to burn down your house, blow the breaker, and torch the receptacle when used and the manufacturer issued a fix so that now it only gives you a strong shock when you get your toast, nobody would be congratulating them for how much better their product is now.  Maybe gaming needs the same consumer protections we have when we buy cars or toasters.  At least then if you get one that is utterly defective, there might be a better way to hold the seller accountable other than a scathing post. 

Message 68 of 74 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I see the student disappears when he/she was passing a bus stop. So I terminated the bus system. And the attendance increases to a acceptable percentage (the unenrolled students may be caused by the traffic - because no buses in the town now)

Message 69 of 74 (1,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can rule out regional buses taking the students.  My city has only ever had a grade school and college, and the only buses in my city are grade school buses.  So they disappear within the city.

Agree - so much about this game is awesome and at the same time bugs like this that will never be fixed...what a shame.

Message 70 of 74 (1,028 Views)