Cities of Tomorrow (Expansion Pack) is there a way to remove maglev tracks?

by Chesterwolf22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cities of Tomorrow (Expansion Pack) is there a way to remove maglev tracks?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have some maglev tracks that I like to remove but I can't bulldoze them. Is there a way to remove them? Those tracks are bugging the maglev trains and I need to fix them!

Message 1 of 16 (10,966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cities of Tomorrow (Expansion Pack) is there a way to remove maglev tracks?

EA Sims Team

You should be able to use the standard bulldoze tool to get rid of Maglev Tracks.  (Shortcut Key - B)   They are pretty tall and you have to target them, not the road beneath in order to bulldoze.

-George

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (11,959 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

You should be able to use the standard bulldoze tool to get rid of Maglev Tracks.  (Shortcut Key - B)   They are pretty tall and you have to target them, not the road beneath in order to bulldoze.

-George

Message 2 of 16 (11,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem can delete some track but not the one infront of my academy

Message 3 of 16 (10,820 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. It's so hard to target the tracks. The ones usually targetted are the buildings around and and roads below the tracks. 

Message 4 of 16 (10,774 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Now I got it. Need to be on the construct maglev tracks in order to delete.

Message 5 of 16 (10,775 Views)

★ Novice

How did you do that? When I click on the build Maglev track. then the bulldozer it just goes to the normal delete menu. This is ruining my fun Frown

Message 6 of 16 (10,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 7 of 16 (10,407 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as others - some Maglev Tracks can be deleted but others can't, for no obvious reason. Looks like a bug to me. I've got some details below, so hopefully it's possible for a dev to reproduce and fix.

The tracks that I can't delete appeared when I was trying to plop a second Maglev Station above a High Density Avenue. The first Maglev Station (also above a High Density Avenue, fwiw) was easy to place and I added a couple lengths of track to it with no problem. But when I clicked to place the second station further down the Avenue, in a spot with no tracks around, a short length of tracks appeared instead of a second station. This length of track had no support pillar; it was just floating in midair. I tried placing a second station again right next to the new, free-floating length of track, but again another short length of free-floating track appeared. So, I selected the standard bulldoze tool and tried to delete these tracks, but they can't be highlightedso they can't be deleted.

I tried running a connecting track between my first Maglev Station and the buggy, free-floating tracks to see if they would behave normally after they got reconnected. The floating tracks appeared to connect to the normal, working tracks, but they still couldn't be selected or deleted with the bulldozer. 

The normal, non-free-floating tracks I placed CAN be selected and deleted. It's really easy, so I don't think this is user error - there just seems to be a bug with not being able to delete certain tracks. I guess maybe the real bug is these free-floating tracks with no support pillars are getting created in some situations.

Message 8 of 16 (10,315 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am having the same issue. I have tried zooming, rotating the camera, even clearing surrounding buildings in order to get a clear view of the tracks but the standard bulldoze tool simply doesnt focus on the tracks themselves. Could a tool explicitly for this be added? Could just be an issue of pointer precision but seems like an unneccisary hassle.
Message 9 of 16 (10,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have several pieces of maglev track that cannot be deleted. I can connect new pieces of track to either end, but when I try to delete the entire line, the original bugged piece remains. 

Message 10 of 16 (10,192 Views)