Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
rallen923

Changing Language for Simcity 5

I purchased and installed the Simcity 5 digital preorder, but the game has defaulted to run in Chinese, I can't find the way the change it to English within the game settings. I've tried changing my origin to english, but it didn't change the in game language.

EA_Francois
Solutions: 2,011

Re: Changing Language for Simcity 5

Was your Origin in English when you installed the game?

For other Maxis games in the past (Sims 3), it went as such: You can choose your language prior to download/install. But only if your Origin client is in English. If your Origin client is in any other language it will download and install in the language your client is in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Keeper
rallen923

I installed the game with Origin in Chinese, I didn't realise it affected the installed game.

So to change my game into English, i'll have to re-download and install the game with the client in English?

EA_Francois
Solutions: 2,011

Not sure about the re-download bit, what I know is that you'll probably have to download language packages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Keeper
rallen923

I have just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it thru Origin (in English), the game seemed to have downloaded and installed rather quickly, but the Update via the launcher is taking rather long. 

However the launcher is now in English rather then Chinese like previously, so I would believe that the game will now run in English. 

It would also be good to know about the language packs, if so i want to change languages later.

Thanks~

Keeper
mikee1515

got the same problem.. waiting now for update

Keeper
leazua

Keeper
fugu909

Hi up there,  where to find the English Origin installer? is it also Originthinsetup.exe? It check ip to determine languages?  I can't find the english installer anywhere.

Keeper
yazzegano

I have a german Origin account, but live in New York for now, so I preordered the Simcity Digital Deluxe Edtion in December and I've selected the german language. I paid in €, but though the Origin Country is set to US, will I be able to download simcity today or do I have to wait till Thursday? I'm in US(NY) now.

I wasn't sure, if I can set the language to 'german' afterwards if I buy it through the US Store. If yes, I would have pay less and would be able to play it right now - bad decision... I've already bought us-games with the origin client, and love to play it in english, but I wanted this game 'ger'.

I can see simcity in "my games" in the origin client, but it's still not avaiable.

Keeper
Octadius

eafrancois wrote:

Not sure about the re-download bit, what I know is that you'll probably have to download language packages.

Could your highness elaborate on as to where one could get them?