Re: Cannot get refund? No link in Origin Order History.

by Red_TeamCS

Original Post

Cannot get refund? No link in Origin Order History.

★★★ Newbie

I hate to say it, but this game really fell short of my expectations. I ordered it only three days ago, but I can't seem to access the 'request refund' link mentioned in the "Great Game Guarantee." This is really frustrating.

Message 1 of 13 (20,293 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Contact a Game Advisor (accounts) via Live Chat from your computer to see if you have any more options.

From the Origin client Menu:

Help > Origin Help.
Live Chat link, up top next to the Search box.

or here..

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 2 of 13 (20,245 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

To qualify for the Great Game Guarantee you need to claim the refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-purchased/pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

You can find full details about the guarantee in this Help Centre article:

https://help.ea.com/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 13 (20,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i am having the same problem and i did request a refund since first day after i purchase and it say refund requested but 7 days later the request is gone from the refund page and still cant connevt to the live chat after a thousand tries

Message 4 of 13 (16,921 Views)

Community Manager

@Chillbun21 Hi, refunds can take up to 10 days, so you may just need to wait for a bit longer. 

If the time expires without being resolved, you can try support again. Can you try using a different browser or different device, hopefully you won't encounter the issue you described. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 13 (16,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am also trying to refund this game, but when i got refund option i dont see anything.

When i bought the game, it showed Great Game Gurantee Tag.

I am not sure why its not showing in refunds page ?

Also, i am trying to contact someone from support, but i am not getting through even after waiting like 25-30 mins.

Can someone please help and let me know how i can get a refund for this game ?

Thanks,

Message 6 of 13 (16,874 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @dopeysniper,

When did you buy the game? 

Refund requests can be made:

• Within 24 hours of first launch of the game, or
  • Within seven days from date of purchase (if you have not launched the game), or 
  • Within seven days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game (if you have not launched the game), whichever comes first. 

If you purchase a new EA game within 30 days of its release date and cannot play it due to server issues, bugs, or other technical reasons within EA’s control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24. 

If there is no link to request a refund on https://help.ea.com/en/refund/ please insist and an Advisor will help you.

Message 7 of 13 (16,861 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same problem as everyone else i refunded the game within 24 hours and then i click the link and it says theirs no page to be found 10 days go by and still no refund. so i got to live chat it says wait 5 mins i wait 5 mins then it says 5-10 so i wait 10 then it says 20-25 so i wait 25 mins still nothing then it says their are no advisors available  ORIGINS IS * 

Message 8 of 13 (14,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was within the 24 hours. No reply from Origin til now. There goes my refund request. Burn...

Message 9 of 13 (14,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, same issue here. I have requested a refund next day after the purchase, didnt launch the game ( i just want to buy it again using another card). There is no cases open on my account and Live Chat is NEVER available from ANY browser, noone connect to it. Useless support.

!UPDATE!

Spoiler
Thumbs up

EA Support has contacted me via the phone and i have received refund without any problems! Thank you very much! But still, please fix live chat!

Message 10 of 13 (13,260 Views)