by steffzzey

Original Post

Re: Can't play SimCity - city won't load, hangs in load screen

★★★ Novice

i tried that..does not work...looks like EA sucking wind on this

Message 11 of 29 (7,360 Views)

★ Novice

It's 2015 and this issue is still unresolved.  running on origin 64 bit.  Did a manual uninstall followed by reinstall.  Cities are still unable to load. This after playing the cities earlier today.  WTH?!!!!!  How about a little support for the game?

Message 12 of 29 (6,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Holy *, this problem hasn't been solved since the release? I can't play the * game because of this-.-

Message 13 of 29 (6,769 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here, no improvement after reinstallation.  Sad what EA has turned the Maxis name into.  I wonder how many more Sims expansions they'll manage to churn out before fixing a 2 year old isue with this game.

Message 14 of 29 (6,748 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try this ...sometimes this works.

On my desk top, I have a simcity icon and one for Origin.

I have noticed if i click on Simcity icon, the game gets stuck.

I only click on the ORIGIN icon, then log into Origin,   select the MY GAMES tab and then click the Simcity from  that tab.

Seems only way it will work.

(If you click the Simcity icon from desktop, you have to go into task manager and cancel Simcity.)

Such as pain and EA still hasnt fixed this.

Message 15 of 29 (6,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too have this problem, i played one city, and when i started another one in same region it is getting stuck at loading screen Angry And this is why games from EA should not be bought!!!

Message 16 of 29 (6,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 17 of 29 (6,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a temporary fix for sim city and the sims for me. Go to Origin, right click the game, click game properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin in Game for this game". I also put origin in offline mode, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but in Origin click "Origin" at the top left of the Origin app, then click "Go Offline". Both games work fine for me now.

Message 18 of 29 (5,589 Views)

★★★ Novice

2016 and uable to load city online try again later. Wtf is this?

Message 19 of 29 (4,985 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys I have the same problem. To fix it try setting the frame cap in the video settings from the default 30fps to 60. This made my game load in without any problems. Also if this does not work then try running the game windowed and changing the resolution, once loaded in game you can change back to full screen. 

Hope it helps Standard smile

Message 20 of 29 (4,515 Views)