Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
notspain

Can't find my friend and he can't find me on the SimCity game but We are friends on Origin

Me and my mate, Elzybub442 can't add catheter on the SimCity game but We are friends on Origin?

Elzybub442 has the Digital Deluxe Edition and I don't is that the reason why? We have done everything the game has told us like when We type catheters name in the friend search bar it says no results?

Edward_Tattsyrup
Topics: 13
XP: 4
Solutions: 1

Re: Can't find my friend and he can't find me on the SimCity game but We are friends on Origin

Have you both oined the same server?  Sorry but you didn't say.

Keeper
notspain

Re: Can't find my friend and he can't find me on the SimCity game but We are friends on Origin

[ Edited ]

no we are trying to make a server to play together on, no sorry his name is Elzybub1180 but I cant find that either

Keeper
notspain

im sorry his name on Origin is Elzybub 1180 butr I cant find that either

lbriggs419
Topics: 1
XP: 0
Solutions: 0

In game, you'll only see your friends online if they are playing on your same server.

Edward_Tattsyrup

Yep when you start the game select the same server as your friend has selected.. then search for them when you have loaded the game.  Then you WILL find your friend.

Keeper
MrHamSandwich

Hi I have the same problem (mostly).

I'm running windows 7 via bootcamp on a 2012 iMac, and my friend is running it via PC.

I have Deluxe, he has Limited. 

We're both connected to North America West 4, but we both show up as offline to each other.   I can see him in my friends' list but he's offline.  I created a region for him to join but the option to invite him is greyed out when I alt+tab to the desktop and look at Origin. 

Additionally, pressing Shift+F1 does not work to bring up Origin in-game for me, so I have to alt+tab everytime to use the chat. 

Any help? Thanks

Edward_Tattsyrup

Try adding your friend through the game (not only origin), you or they can invite the other to a game once a region is set up from the region map screen.  Ignore origin for inviting to regions, I don't think that it what it is meant for.