Bigger Maps support for Simcity

by Mafklapper78

Original Post

Bigger Maps support for Simcity

★★ Novice

I realy like Simcity, I've purchased and played all of them untill now

But I've got a problem with the map sizes in Simcity 2013

I want to build realy huge cities with a college, university, etc, etc. But have a real problem providing houses for all of my workers. The maps are just too small. It would be nice if it would be possible to build larger cities. There is a mod for this on the internet, but it does not work propperly.

Message 1 of 11 (7,951 Views)

Re: Bigger Maps support for Simcity

★★★ Expert

The game is meant to be a REGIONAL game not just one city. A city can only handle one specialization or large item. University, Oil Well, Mining (coal and oar can be together) Omega Co., The Academy. Pick one for your city and do that, then, when that city maxes density city wide, claim a new city that is connected to that one and do a differnt specialization there. Pretty soon all sims have access to all of the special, high worker demand places.

The one exception is with the Academy having researched all Mega Tower Levels, and a fully upgraded City Hall. Then you can max at 8 Mega Towers, splash a bit of residential in the spare holes and, run Omega, Academy and, University together.

Message 2 of 11 (7,919 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I know. But still I feel it should be there. 

I've Played Simcity Buildit (for mobile) and in that game you can unlock new terain at the edges of the map. It would be nice if EA added such a functionality to Simcity.

So you CAN build on that one plateau and you CAN access the shores that are now just a bit beyond the edge of the map or add some Highway access points, not just one that keeps clogging up.

There are some mods that do all this, but they don't work propperly.

Message 3 of 11 (7,914 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made an attempt to figure out why the People at EA won't create larger maps for this game, and it's because of the special game mechanics that go into drawing Sims, including cars, and flashy signs etc. plus the buildings. This process takes a very larger amount  of  technical rendering on the gpu and speed of both the processor and drive. Memory could become very larger if you have such high detail into each and every building that is plopped on the map. Plus when looked at from another city, plus if moving between cities. My suggestion was to the chat guys  is to build a larger map then implement a cheap rendering system that would not only fix the redraws. like they do with the Sims now in this game. It's not as taxing to see the Sims run around on the paths. I wish they would have did this for the vehicles. I mean, what's the point of all the extras? It's nice to see the level of detail in a game but why do it if it takes away from the general level of gaming experiences and enjoyability and playability when it comes to quantity. I'd prefer it to be a lesser of a model in simulation of the extras that are moving on the map. I would say start there if they look to reduce memory load and expand the maps.

Message 4 of 11 (7,903 Views)

★★ Novice

People with high end computers would manage to run de larger maps with ease, it's only the low end machines that won't be able to load. Who cares about the low end machines. It's their fault for not buyng a proper gaming pc

Message 5 of 11 (7,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's not true @Mafklapper78, with my respects. I wanted bigger map too, so I came here, searching for a solution.

as @MayorBig mentioned perfectly, it takes too much process to render all the details, vehicles and pedestrian movements. After playing some hours on a city, it's on edge of 200K people. But the problem is I can't play smoothly on my core i5-9400 and GTX 1070 8GB with 32GBs of ram.

Now I get it!!! It is a regional city building game. If you want single bigger city, play cities: skylines instead. it will be smooth untill 300k inhabitants with far more larger playable area. But disasters there... are really gigantic!!! it's not skylines... it's all about getting ready for huge disasters, and ultimately a huge Tsunami will be the final day of your play on a map

Message 6 of 11 (4,741 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RafeSafari I can't really agree with what you are saying either.

My biggest city so far was with 2 million inhabitants which ran like a dream on my older xeon x5650 system with 18 gigs of ram. the only problems i ran into was the numbers displayed when inhabiting multiple cities in one area, numbers such as the need system ( people industry commerce ) and people that work in one city but live in another and students... I'm hoping my new r5 will take that like a charm though i haven't progressed a lot since i'm playing pretty casual atm.

Your problems sounds more windows enviroment related, or maybe EA have to update their gen 9 support
Message 7 of 11 (4,698 Views)

★ Guide
@RedDawnbreaker Unfortunately EA totally abandoned SimCity, one of the best Games Resource Simulation and very beautiful!
Almost "buried" SimCity, and completely abandoned the Gamers who have purchased and are SimCity fans, even without any support to the various problems that have arisen since its launch, and looks that are gone 06 Long Years of abandonment ....
EA aims only to make money, not respect its Gamers !!
Message 8 of 11 (4,670 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately EA totally abandoned SimCity, one of the best Games Resource Simulation and very beautiful!
Almost "buried" SimCity, and completely abandoned the Gamers who have purchased and are SimCity fans, even without any support to the various problems that have arisen since its launch, and looks that are gone 06 Long Years of abandonment ....
EA aims only to make money, not respect its Gamers !!

Long live the Gamers !!
Long live SimCity !!

Message 9 of 11 (4,669 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yea,

the ultimate maxis aim was sims and not simcity.
i understand your sentiment but i can't agree with your conclusion

I was even happy to see cities arising but i really miss the fun part of sims in that city

Maybe in a couple of years we will see the rise of a new city simulator which brings us just as much joy as Simcity did over these past decades

If i take the dollar per hour fun ratio simcity was more then i bargained for and still offers some pleasure today

Ofcourse i will be hoping that someday EA grants us a new update or maybe even a new simcity entirely but untill that day there is a lot more i can do

Still from a CA standpoint i would have reacted otherwise

How CA spend our money to totally destroy Rome II and offer us such a silly game in return is past my understanding and has led to outrageous cries not far of from the one you are producing now

EA in my youth was the place where i found cnc

later on it became the place where i tailed bioware on foot

Mass Effect still remains the best rpg over x years in my book

I hope EA as one of the leaders of the gamescene will try its utmost best to get rid of that money grabbers aura and present us with earnest hardworking people who have love for the game

Message 10 of 11 (4,663 Views)