Re: Account Avatar wont show up in game

by samsam713

Original Post

Account Avatar wont show up in game

★★★★ Novice

Hi Guys,

The advisor in the support chat told me to post this issue here, maybe someone else might have an idea. I assume this was where I was supposed to post this. 

My Avatar is not showing up in Simcity itself, It just has the default blue silhouette with the "?" in it. I have tried resetting my DNS, leaving my cities, changing servers, shutting down my computer... Even after all of that, SimCity is still not picking up on my avatar that is in my Origin account. I see it when I log into it via my web browser or the Origin Program for your PC - It shows up there no problem at all.

My Origin Account is KiwiSpyGirl

Any ideas what is happening?

Message 1 of 15 (6,373 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
I think it just takes a pretty long amount of time to get updated. I didn't get to see my avatar for several weeks when I first started, but it's now showing up properly ingame (and it's pretty rad too).

If anybody in the community has an idea or a suggestion about this, please share it with us. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 15 (6,344 Views)

★★ Novice

I would also happens,Thay say sprucing up soon with an update. I hope it fixed soon because all we appear no avatar Frown and it seems as if we had bought the game, I don't like this.

Message 3 of 15 (6,215 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You know what? If EA is not able to help us, alow easy modding and fix issues, maybe they should go back to Steam. EA should worry nly about developing games and let a bigger community do the rest.

Message 4 of 15 (6,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Unfortunately it seems that avatars in SimCity no longer changes since late 2014. I've changed it once after that and saw no changes for months, then I switched to another one and it still displayed my pre-2014 avatar to this date. Apparently this is not the server being slow, a bigger problem/glitch must lie behind this.

Message 5 of 15 (6,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game 3 days ago on the first day my avatar in game and multiplayer was my origins unique uploaded image whoever the next day I changed my avatar now in game it will not show just the standard silhouette ..

can someone help us please? 

Message 6 of 15 (6,093 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @Hexagom

Unfortunately it seems that avatars in SimCity no longer changes since late 2014.

Message 7 of 15 (6,090 Views)

★ Novice

Hi  there Mayors, same issue here. I played the trial version first and then bought the game so my hypothesis is that the purchase is stacking up on the demo causing this glitch to happen. It'll be good to know if you all downloaded the free trial first too.

Message 8 of 15 (6,040 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did not get the demo first and i own all the addons, this game is the only one that does not show my avatar and has not for weeks.  It is always been the ?

Message 9 of 15 (6,003 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @MysticalForge and @Ur-NxT-1

Yes indeed, for an unknown reason player avatars have not been updated for approximately two or more years.

Message 10 of 15 (5,962 Views)