Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
null
Accepted Solution

toggle to scope

Just purchased game...started mission ...in first scene you have to practice w weapon...it requires you to use the scope before you can advance any further....I know this is crazy but when I right mouse click to bring up the scope and the TOGGLE the mouse wheel like it instructs ALL IT DOES IS SWITCH WEAPONS.....I own all BATTLEFIELD games and have NEVER had this problem....no big deal except you cant play the game unless you complete this task......any suggestions from anyone? Thanks in advance. 

Keeper
cope3am

Re: toggle to scope

To swap to the scope from iron sights you dont spin the mouse wheel. Click down on it and it should swap over

Keeper
justsal

I'm having the same issue. even when I 'click' the wheel it will not budge. It just insists on swapping the weapon. Have attempted to change the key binds, but that just makes my game freeze and lock up. 

EA_Bastian
Topics: 112
XP: 1,383
Solutions: 4,103

[ Edited ]

Hi guys!

Please get sure that you click the right mouse button first, keep it pressed and than click the mousewheel at the same time. I had issues first, because my mousewheel seems to be a little bit damaged...:robotindifferent:
(And my collegues had much to laugh about)

Cheers

Basti

EA_Francois
Solutions: 1,831

Alternately, make sure that with use dirt hasn't accumulated under the mousewheel, making its use difficult. :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
S'il a répondu à votre question, cliquez sur "Accepter comme solution." Merci !

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ---------------------
Keeper
zero1redscorpion

[ Edited ]

ok I got it,

Keeper
dusf

This does not work, the problem described is as the problem is.

We are using the gun we start the training mission with. We are holding down the right mouse button and then pressing (or clicking) the middle mouse button.

I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse, Microsoft also being the designers of the operating system this game is supposed to run on.

I am running the game on a new Windows 8 computer.

My middle mouse button definitely works because when I press it on my desktop Windows 8 reacts.

Do you have a fix for this please?

Keeper
dusf

Please change this thread from solved to open.

inSmithereens
Topics: 45
XP: 946
Solutions: 1,281

If pressing the middle mouse button is making Windows 8 react than you will have to change the setting of the mouse button in windows or your mouse drivers.
There could be a setting overruling game bindings. Of course you could also change the the binding of TOGGLE OPTICS in the game settings and maybe use a keyboard button.

I do not think this is a game problem

Keeper
rangerjohn1959

this on the pc verson