Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
stewartsoutter

The video card you are running is not supported error message

[ Edited ]

I have just downloaded Medal of Honor Airborne to my laptop. After spending the best part of an hour paying, downloading and installing the game you can imagine my delight when the error message "The video card you are running is not supported" popped up. My assumption is there is nothing that can done to provide a solution as I am using a laptop with onboard graphics so can not be upgraded. 

Why isn't there a statement in bold "Please check the requirements for this game by clicking here before purchasing this game".

Why isn't there a clear indication that if you click on the game title that the details of the game will load a new page. Surely a URL linking to the system requirements would be a simple solution.

I didn't need any further information on the game as I had played the game on the PS3 when it first came out so I knew what I was buying hence not needing to click on any product information.  I assumed as there wasn't any clear advice or prompt regarding the system requirements there would be no issue, yes this is a bit naive but come on make it a bit clearer.

EA_Dennis
Topics: 173
XP: 1,898
Solutions: 2,936

Re: The video card you are running is not supported error message

Hi stewartsoutter,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can find the system requirements for each game at the bottom of its product description page, basically the page that is displayed after clicking on the game's name, so there's basically no popup or additional link needed :smileyindifferent:

Maybe you would like to post your DxDiag report, so we can take a look at the graphics card or maybe your laptop includes a dedicated graphics card as well but the driver is missing?

inSmithereens
Topics: 45
XP: 946
Solutions: 1,281

I read about 3D Analyze.

This software should emulate the missing features of the graphics card when not supported.

Now be advised, I read about it but never tried it. Trying this software is for your own risk.

Keeper
vmodes

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. The matter is that I have a Radeon HD 6770M and here is my dxdiag.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Portugues
Hewlett-Packard
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.18

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8CPUs), ~2.0GHz

8192MB RAM

2650MB used, 13627MB available

Directx 11

Could you help me?

Thanks

inSmithereens
Topics: 45
XP: 946
Solutions: 1,281

try setting compatiblity to Windows XP SP2.

EA_Dennis
Topics: 173
XP: 1,898
Solutions: 2,936

Try changing the compatibility settings like suggested, and if it doesn't help then please post your full dxdiag report. You can find a quick step-by-step list here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Graphic-Issues/How-To-Reporting-graphical-issues/m-p/634584#U634584 

Keeper
gilbertocortesm

If you cannot install or get "the video card you are running is not supported" message; this may fix the problem:

1. Uninstall any version of PhysX you may have.

2. Install the game.

3. Download and install update 1.2

4. Download and install update 1.3

5. Install the PhysX version coming in the CD if you did not do it earlier

6. Try to run the game.

7. If it still not running change the compatibility to XP Service Pack 2

8. Try to run the game again.

You should be good to go!

Keeper
Michiel_Zeeman

Hello there,

I already purchased this game a long time ago... I played it on my former laptop, finished it, played it again, and again, and again.

But also for me, things changed when there was an update and i couldn't start the game anymore because the graphics card wasn't supported. Well hey, it was supported, because i played and played it over and over again.

How come, after an update which was clearly the wrong one, this problem isn't fixed? People already spend money on it. It's like purchasing a car driving on petrol, driving it for a year and then, after a checkup at your local garage, it's now driving on diesel.

Now i have a new laptop, much, much improved since my last laptop, but still not able to play the game.

I really want a good answer on this one.