Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
crymorepanda

Game won't start

[ Edited ]

I purchased Medal of Honor Warfighter from Gamefly last night, October 25th. I got the game successfully installed but when I try to start the game it loops infinitely between User Account Control asking for permission and Origin saying "Launching from External Application". I tried deactivating my Anti-virus, Firewall, and UAC but now it simply starts the game and I get a black screen for about a minute before getting a "Medal of Honor has stopped working" pop up. I have updated all my drivers, checked origin updates, check punkbuster updates, tried reinstalling, and double-checked system requirements. I have tried running the game through Battlelog and the game manager just gets stuck on "Initializing" for a few minutes before disappearing all together without ever launching the game. At this point I am beyond frustrated and seriously considering pursuing a refund. I would prefer to just be able to play so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs

Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz

Ram: 8192mb

Display: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 (3816mb)

Sound: built-in HD card

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Misc Info: Have over 800GB free on harddrive and have had no issues playing other games

Edit:

Reinstalling AMD Catalyst seems to have fixed the problem

Acolyte
jodestroy

Re: Game won't start

same thing here, and it does the same thing with battlefield. nobeody ever explain to me. I spend 160 $ and more. 

i will never buy again the game with origin.....

my old medal of honor limited edition work welll.....no origin.....

Keeper
icarusvic

I'm having the exact same problem with the same specs (playing on an ASUS G73)

I'm willing to reinstall the catalyst control center thing, but tell me, do you know where I can find the right version for this

Keeper
carlmarcusrosb

same thing here too, Uplay for Far Cry 3 works great, and every game i have on steam works but Origin-games doesn't seem to work at all

hope someone finds an answer to this problem soon 

Keeper
b1equity

Same here.  BF3 has similar problems.  EA has their money.  I'm out about $80 b ucks for two games that don't perform.  Is is Origin?  Whatever...I have a zillion Steam games without a single problem.