Importing Profile from Mass Effect To Mass Effect 2 (PS3).

by cbelden1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Importing Profile from Mass Effect To Mass Effect 2 (PS3).

★★★ Newbie

I'm relatively new to gaming and I just purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy on the PS3.  I completed the first game but can't import my player from that game to the second game.  How can I import my character profile so that I can continue the story line that I was following?  Is it something that I have to buy, download, etc?  Do I have to have my system connected to the internet?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 13 (39,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Importing Profile from Mass Effect To Mass Effect 2 (PS3).

Community Manager

Hi cbelden1,

You will have to patch your Mass Effect 2 to patch 1.04 in order to import saves. Just connect your PS3 to the Play Station Network and the patch should download automatically.

Have fun playing!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (41,681 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi cbelden1,

You will have to patch your Mass Effect 2 to patch 1.04 in order to import saves. Just connect your PS3 to the Play Station Network and the patch should download automatically.

Have fun playing!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 13 (41,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for your help.  Much easier than I thought it was going to be. 

Message 3 of 13 (38,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having issues importing my ME1 character to ME2. the patch downloaded and the character is there to import but only the name imports. everything else resets like I'm starting a brand new game in ME2. I was looking forward to playing through the entire ME series with one character, pretty bummed about this...

Message 4 of 13 (37,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how can i find this patch?

Message 5 of 13 (35,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My ps3 can't be connected to the internet for the moment. Is there any other way to obtain this patch, load it to usb storage, then transfer to offline ps3?
Message 6 of 13 (34,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@deavon314 wrote:

how can i find this patch?

Start Mass Effect 2 while connected to the internet and signed into PSN and you'll be prompted to download and install the patch. Do that and the "Import ME1 Character" option will be available when you start a new game.

Message 7 of 13 (34,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@nytroubador wrote:
My ps3 can't be connected to the internet for the moment. Is there any other way to obtain this patch, load it to usb storage, then transfer to offline ps3?

Sorry, no. The only way to get the patch is via internet on your PS3. You can play the game offline once the patch is installed though, internet access is only needed to download the patch or if you want to download DLC.

Message 8 of 13 (34,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the patch and it still isnt working it's driving me crazy 

Message 9 of 13 (30,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I imported my character to ME2 all my paragon and renegade and level went to the bottom. What do I do
Message 10 of 13 (24,417 Views)