weapon mods bug

by kyuros

Original Post

Re: weapon mods bug

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found that removing all DLC's have so far fixed this issue for me.. but this shouldn't be a solution, since everyone here, I'm sure, would like to play those. It's truly upsetting that I can't properly play something I've paid for, and even worse that it's at least a 3 year old bug that's been ignored by the devs! This is what you get for supporting a game by paying for all DLC's.

I believe this only happens if you have all. Do note that you also have to start fresh from scratch.. If you are experiencing this bug.. completely uninstall all ME3 files.. then only install base game. I also have the Genesis 2 comic DLC, and that one is fine to install. I will gradually try to install DLC's one by one as I get further in the game, with From Ashes next, since that was an earlier DLC. I believe Citadel, Omega, or Leviathan would be the culprit.

ou have all.

Message 31 of 48 (2,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Been having this bug as well, reinstalled from scratch seemed to fix it at first, got the first 2 SMG weapon mods, but after relaunching with DLC installed, it wouldn't let me get the Sniper and Shotgun weapon mods later in the very same mission. Going to try repeatedly repairing once it's fully installed all the DLC, otherwise it's a no-DLC playthrough for me, if I can even be bothered with that.

Message 32 of 48 (2,289 Views)

★ Guide

unfortunately.. only solution is no DLC. i called EA to ask for a refund since it's a lot of wasted money for broken DLC.. all they could do was give me 10% off at their online store... it's like a big middle finger for those of us who still support them by buying all the game's DLC. they even lied and told me this bug was fixed a long time ago. i told them that it's become obvious they don't even bother checking their own forums, since they would see people are still having problems and that it's still broken. this bug has been reported since the Bioware technical support forum was still up and doesn't redirect you to this useless site.

Message 33 of 48 (2,278 Views)

★ Novice

You can use weapon mods if you download the SP dlcs, but do not download the patch (for ps3). I suggest deleting the patch, should work but of course you wont get fire explosions etc.

Message 34 of 48 (2,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Origin handles the game files differently to the consoles, you can't just delete a patch on PC

Message 35 of 48 (2,254 Views)

★ Guide

does anyone from the company's staff even bother checkin in this forum? at least when the technical issue forum was on Bioware's side.. we at least got mods responding and letting the devs know about the issues. as soon as the forum got transferred to EA's side.. the staff stopped caring. absolutely horrible customer service from EA as expected. horrible company.

Message 36 of 48 (2,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I had the same issue. Picked up a bunch of mods on Mars and there's not modify button on the weapon bench. However, it just looks like those mods which you get on the mission don't get loaded properly, but if you purchase mods from the store or acquire mods in the field after Mars, they show up and are good to go. Not sure if that'll be the case with everyone, but it was for me. Hope it helps.

Message 37 of 48 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's crazy that this is still an issue after 2+ years of a game breaking bug. Take the money and run I suppose. I thought it would have been fixed in 2015.

Here is the conversation I had with ME3 support:

Rishav Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Rishav. How may I assist you today?
youI just had a question about a ME3 bug
Rishav Hello there.
youHi
Rishav I will surely assist you regarding this issue of yours but may I first know your name please?
you!@#$
Rishav Pleasure meeting you !@#$.
youYou too.
Rishav Would you please elaborate the issue?
youWell it seems like a pretty huge issue. Weapon mods in ME3 are not recognized when they are picked up, preventing them from being used at all. This essentially breaks a main feature of the game. I was wondering if there were any plans to patch this? Figured this game would be functional 2-3 years after release.
Rishav I can understand your concerns that the weapon mode is not working and is causing an issue in game.
Rishav I would also like to add this to your concerns that your issue is something that needs the concern of the developers team.
Rishav As only they can make the necessary changes.
Rishav What best I can suggest you for the issue is that to post the issue on the official forums so that it may reach the concerns of the developers team and the needful is done.
Rishav Also from my end too, I will also notify this to the concerned team so that the needful is done as soon as possible.
Rishav Do not worry, the needful will surely be done.
youYeah, I just don't see any clear way to report this to them. There is already an open thread from 2013-2015 concerning this issue, with no response in 2 years.
youJust bought the game and it's essentially unplayable.
Rishav What I can do from my end for that is add a high priority note to the issue so that the issue is taken under concern sooner and the needful is done as soon as possible.
Rishav Do not worry,I will definitely do what is best possible from my end.
Rishav I assume after adding a priority note, the needful will be done sooner.
Rishav I can understand and that's why I will be doing what is best possible from my end for the issue.
Rishav Do not worry.
Rishav Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
youIt seems unlikely they will acually fix it, considering it's been broken for 2 years. But thanks anyway.
Rishav Thanks for contacting EA. Have a great day.

Then he "hung up" on me. GG
Message 38 of 48 (1,991 Views)

★ Guide

since EA/Bioware don't care.. i've gone ahead and installed this mod as a last resort that fixes this issue: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mother-of-all-mods

it gives you access to all weapon mods to buy, and it also fixed picking them up during missions. this is only for the singleplayer, so it's safe to have installed for those who also play a lot of multiplayer.

Message 39 of 48 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, everyone. I posted a solution on another page related to this bug and it seems to have worked for myself and some others. I'm going to copy my solution to as many of the pages about this bug as I can. More people will see it, and hopefully it will work for them as well. Just so you know, I play ME3 on the PS3. Here is my original reply:

"Everyone, I found a solution to my own issue with this bug earlier tonight and I wanted to share it here. I hope that it may help someone else. I'm not saying that it is a definite fix and I'm not even sure if it would work again, were I to try it a second time, but this is what happened:

I have experienced this bug multiple times during the two(ish) years that I have had ME3. I always worked around it by deleting everything ME3 related from my PS3 and then reinstalling all DLC and patches when I planned to do a Mass Effect playthrough. This particular time, after deleting all save data and game data from my PS3, then reinstalling everything, I still encountered the bug when I tried to pick up the first two SMG mods during Priority: Mars.
I realised that, when I had picked up the first gun I found on Mars (which was the M-4 Shuriken, as an Infiltrator), I had simply pressed circle to continue when, in previous playthroughs, I had always changed my loadout then and there.
I restarted my game, loaded the save I had made at the very beginning of the mission, and played up to where I found the M-4 in the security station. This time, I changed my loadout and cycled through all of the weapons of every category so that none were marked as 'new'. After doing this, I continued on my way and was able to pick up every weapon mod during the rest of that mission.

Now, as I said, I don't know why this worked or if it will work for anyone else. It worked for me this time, and I hope that it works for someone else as well.
This is an incredibly frustrating bug, I know. Good luck."

Message 40 of 48 (1,699 Views)