weapon mods bug

by kyuros

Original Post

Re: weapon mods bug

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue on PC as well. I got Mass Effect 3 for free a little while back due to Sim City if that makes a difference. As far as I know, there were no DLC with that and I have not purchased any. I started a campaign last night and everything was working great until the SMG mod and workbench on Mars mission. Same as others, I picked up the mod and went to the bench, no "modify" button show for SMG or any of the weapons for that matter. I did try re-loading a save and this did not help.

Message 21 of 48 (3,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Finally found a way to bypass the bug : unless you picked up at least 2 mods for each of the 5 types of weapons (assault rifles, shotgun, sniper rifles, submachines guns and Heavy pistols) DO NOT MOD YOUR WEAPONS

Nope, that doesn't work. That bug appears as soon as you pick up your very first upgrade on Mars (the one near the bench), and I never touched a bench before that point.

Shame on you, Bioware/EA. I doubt I'll buy the next ME. And of course I definitely won't buy any more EA **bleep**. And you'll still ask yourselves why that company is so hated...

Message 22 of 48 (2,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm still hoping there will be a fix to this...

I'm not touching the game until it's fixed.  And definitely won't buy another ME game is this bug is never fixed (looks like it won't be).

Ugh...

Message 23 of 48 (2,794 Views)

★ Apprentice

i am also having the same problems during the mars mission, i was unable to pick up Sniper Rifle Concentration Mod. is there any way around this issue?

Message 24 of 48 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No one cares about your imported save. Guarantee it has nothing to do with it. Is there a real solution to this problem that's been found yet (without a save editor)?

Message 25 of 48 (2,411 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have never experienced this before even on my PS3, and that is the worst port you could play. I suggest using the Gibbed Save Editor to reward yourself the weapon mod, or you could unlock the in-game console and enter the command to give yourself all weapon mods.

Message 26 of 48 (2,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had success with avoiding the weapon bench on the Normandy after having this problem. I deleted everything off my PS3, redownloaded the game and all DLCs, never touched the Normandy's weapon bench, and I haven't had a single problem with it since.
Message 27 of 48 (2,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Purchased ME 3 a few days ago, after it's been on market for almost 2 years.  Very disappointed and totally unexpected to find such a game breaking bug that hasn't been addressed.  The bug is simply that picking up various types of weapon mods does not update your character (about half don't update, having done my priority to mars mission).  Thus, you don't get one of core features of the game, using mods to upgrade your weapons. 

Reading through the comments, it's apparent that it's caused by one of the patches. (1.05?).  Those uninstalling / reinstalling appear to remove the bug, only until their system updates to the current version.   The online version I bought from Origin for my PC is pre-patched, hence this is not an option.  The only thing that works is using a third-party save game editor, which has me editing my character after missions, to decide whta to give him.  It's rather immersion-breaking for me to be using a hack, viewing various plot / loot descriptors, and I'd guess about 75% of gamers would find it too difficult to follow the steps for this process, since you aren't simply clicking check boxes like in other editors.

Message 28 of 48 (2,349 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This bug is still not fixed as of February 2015. I am forced to use a third party editor to edit my saves, which makes me lose all of my attachement and completionist feelings towards my character.  

Message 29 of 48 (2,112 Views)

★ Guide

Sigh... just encountered this bug. I've beaten the game on my PS3 before and never had a problem, but decided to get the trilogy on PC.. I can't believe that a bug this old and game breaking has not been addressed by EA/Bioware! Not even a response from the staff here. How ridiculous. Is there a way to get a refund on Origin?

Message 30 of 48 (2,034 Views)