Re: "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time", but only for me it seems

by doublehell

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time", but only for me it seems

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I start up Mass Effect 3 I get the message "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time" when it attempts to contact the EA servers. I've restarted Mass Effect 3, Origin, my PC and my router. I've not had this problem before. A friend in the same city as me and using the same ISP is able to connect. What might be the problem?

If I click on the "Connect to EA Servers" button the error message comes up pretty quickly, like it's received a negative response to the connection attempt rather than it spending ages trying to connect then timing out.

Edit: It works now.

Message 1 of 4 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: "The Mass Effect 3 server is unavailable at this time", but only for me it seems

★★★★ Novice

Change your Origin password, that should fix it.

You can change it back again, but so long as it's changed

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (424 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same trouble, Origin recently updated and now i can't get on the MP, any idea how it was fixed?

Message 2 of 4 (414 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Change your Origin password, that should fix it.

You can change it back again, but so long as it's changed

Message 3 of 4 (425 Views)

★★ Novice

That actually worked!

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)