mass effect 3 PC checking downloadable content STUCK

by Exorchist

Original Post

mass effect 3 PC checking downloadable content STUCK

★★ Novice

The uselessness of EA+BioWare strikes again. I cannot play this game because when I log in it gets stuck in a bloody loop where it tries to check the DLC. It was working fine a month ago. How can you mess this up so badly? Tried searching the web for this issue, but only finding threads relating to X360 or PS3.

Message 1 of 7 (5,134 Views)

Re: mass effect 3 PC checking downloadable content STUCK

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact problem. I played the wheels off the game. Then I took a break. Popped in a month and a half ago to play a bit. And now when I update all the new content and try to play again on my PC, I get stuck in a "searching for downloadable content" loop. It never resolves. Worse, when I try the Xbox 360 solution loop, it just tells me that my DLC (unnamed) is corrupt and to reinstall.

Except...I've repaired the DLC NUMEROUS times. And the installation. NUMEROUS times. And I've reinstalled both THREE times in the last 24 hours. I've even ripped out the patch and reinstalled that.

What's going on?!

Message 2 of 7 (5,082 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If you have this issue, manually delete everything in your DLC folder ( default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\DLC) then redownload any DLC you have. This usually corrects the issue.

Message 3 of 7 (4,977 Views)

★ Apprentice

^That is a silly answer. It is too big for some of us to redownload.

Why not remove this feature? All it does is irritate your paying customers. Pirates still get ahold of the DLC, and don't have to suffer from this mess. You wonder why people steal your stuff. You sometimes deserve it.

Message 4 of 7 (4,209 Views)

★★ Pro

Not as silly as yours. If you want to pirate it, you'll have to download it as well. Along with viruses and trojan horses...

Message 5 of 7 (4,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

^This is never the case when you torrent from good sources. (Objective opinion)

Just saying, all they are doing is making their revenue stream very angry with all this DRM stuff, which ironically subjegates them and turns many into pirates themselves. A few of my friends no longer pay for EA games (or any who use this form of DRM), and they used to buy a game or 2 a month. This kind of thing must stop. :catmad:

Rant over Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 7 (4,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice

fix yet?, got the same *, I guess it is EA that runs things, they care about money and nothing else, weird they have not killed the servers yet and used them for a new game to make more money

Message 7 of 7 (1,265 Views)