The game won't start

by XTwipzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game won't start

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm here with a problem I definitely can't solve by myself...

I was playing Mass Effect 3, everything was fine and working well. Then, I wanted to play with some friends in the multiplayer and I had to download and install multiplayer DLC that I didn't have. 

So, I did it and since then, the game won't start anymore. The process launches, I see a black screen for like.. 2s and then it closes and the process stops by itself. I did everything I could : unistalling everything (Origin too), reinstalling everything (game + DLCs), checking my drivers and making sure they're up to date, checking my firewall, reparing the game...

But it doesn't work. It keeps doing what I said. 

A little help would be awesome so I can continue to enjoy this wonderful piece. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 7 (837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game won't start

★★ Novice

Hello! 

After trying literally everything, I finally solved the problem. It didn't come from the game itself or my computer, not at all. 

It comes from the cloud. I had to uncheck "enable cloud storage for all games" in the game properties and it worked. That means cloud saves were corrupted and it irritates me. 

Hope it can helps someone though... 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (840 Views)

All Replies

@XTwipzz

Go to your "Documents\BIoware\Mass Effect 3" folder and move (not just copy) the "Save" folder to your desktop. > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (826 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! Thanks for your answer! 

Well, I did try it and it didn't work anyway. Seems like my saves are not corrupted. 

I already tried to replace the DLLs (don't remember the name), it's apparently a problem that other people had too. And it didn't solve it. 

My game keeps crashing after 2s with no error message or anything. 

Message 3 of 7 (819 Views)

@XTwipzz

OK, go to your ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist" folder and run the "vcredist_x64.exe" and the "vcredist_x86.exe" as Administrator. > reboot > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (813 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll check that and edit my answer as soon as I can! 

Message 5 of 7 (802 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @XTwipzz 

Any updates on this? Were you provided with the solution for this? Tell us, if you are still unable to get into the game. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 7 (783 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! 

After trying literally everything, I finally solved the problem. It didn't come from the game itself or my computer, not at all. 

It comes from the cloud. I had to uncheck "enable cloud storage for all games" in the game properties and it worked. That means cloud saves were corrupted and it irritates me. 

Hope it can helps someone though... 

Message 7 of 7 (841 Views)