Release Date check Failed!

by CitadelUniversal

Original Post

Release Date check Failed!

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am trying to activate Mass Effect 3 but the problem is - its failing with the error "Release date Check Failed" and cannot proceed any further. 

Is there a way around this problem which I keep experiencing, please respond when possible.

Message 1 of 7 (1,220 Views)

Re: Release Date check Failed!

@CitadelUniversal

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already tried that but it still fails to activate.

Message 3 of 7 (1,207 Views)

@CitadelUniversal

Did you restarted your machine? (restart, not just shut down and start again)

Is that a Disc installation? 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 7 (1,199 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I've restarted the machine and its from the disc installation - but it still did the error without the discs when I tried downloading it online. I was just wondering if it was possible to do a offline activation without the internet activation.

Message 5 of 7 (1,192 Views)

@CitadelUniversal

Did you uninstalled the Disc version first?

Did you executed the repair on the disc installation or on the digital copy?

This is a well known problem, but the repair should fix it.

And sorry but no, you can't activate offline.

Message 6 of 7 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

I have a download licenses and a DVD license. I tried both on two different computers. One is a gaming laptop less than a year old, and the other computer is a home-built gaming computer about 2 years old but with a new graphics card. I can play Mass Effect 1 and 2 on both computers, but Mass Effect 3 just won't work. And it's the same problem on both computers and for both DL and DVD versions. And the error is "Release Date Check Failed".

I have tried several of the suggestions given online for updating drivers, enable EUA (or whatever it's called), disable firewall, disabled all background and startup programs (which probably doesn't help since Origin has to have a background program to work), and reset my modem, wifi, and much more, and it still doesn't work.

My suspicion is that EA has turned off the server that handles the decryption key for this game. It would be easier if EA just fixed the game to not need the check at all, and then release an update over Origin for download.

--UPDATE

I uninstalled it from the Origin app earlier before posting, and after seeing that "repair" could potentially fix the problem, I decided to reinstall ME3 from the Origin app. Previously I used the download from Amazon and the DVD I had, which didn't work, but now, after downloading and installing from blank inside Origin, it started. It only gave me a warning that my laptop hardware wasn't good enough, but it will run in lower resolution or something. I'm okay with that. Anyway, it started now.

Message 7 of 7 (1,034 Views)