Origin deleted my game

by e22big

Original Post

Origin deleted my game

★★★ Newbie

Origin deleted my game after i download and play so frustrated . How to prevent this in future?

Message 1 of 6 (1,170 Views)

Re: Origin deleted my game

★★★ Guide

?

How did it delete your game?

Is it just your saved games, or are you referring to the install?

I typically keep a backup of my saved games, found in your Documents\BioWare folder.

Perhaps you had a cloud-sync error where you synced with an empty cloud to overwrite you local saves?

Or did Origin Update cause your local saves to get lost, as has been reported a few times?

Message 2 of 6 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It left me blank folder all file gone and i have to download all game again. Good that my save still on cloud

Message 3 of 6 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Guide

Did you get space back on your Hard Drive?

Message 4 of 6 (1,152 Views)

★★ Novice

I just wanted to reply to this eight-year-old thread to say that the same thing just happened to me. Thanks, Origin! Really swell platform you've got here, deleting people's games and such.

I don't plan to buy another game that requires Origin again. For the life of me, I don't even understand why this one did -- I bought it through Steam.

Message 5 of 6 (496 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

Since this is a very old thread that hasn't been updated in many years I'm going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you're not seeing the games that should be in your Origin Library try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps. I've seen cases where that can fix the missing games. For more info on how to clear it check out the EA Help website

If you still aren't seeing the games in your Library after that I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team. You can find more details on how to reach them over at the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (480 Views)