Re: Masseffect 3 frame freeze and frame drop

by _BJE_

Original Post

Masseffect 3 frame freeze and frame drop

★★ Novice

OK i just start playing the mass effect 3 trilogy on my new computer. i had no problem on the 1st and 2nd game but when i try playing the 3rd one everything is just garbage, frame drop, frame freeze, it is basically unplayable. i haven't even past threw the first mission because its so unbearable. i looked around the internet but have not found anything that worked yet it would be nice if someone tells me whats going on.

running on win 10

spec:

cpu: i7 6700k @4.6Ghz 

gpu: GTX 980TI

game installed on: 960 evo 1TB

thanks for everyone that reply  

Message 1 of 10 (858 Views)

Community Manager

@_BJE_

Your machine may be defaulting to your Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your GTX 980Ti.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\MassEffect3.exe
  6. Select MassEffect3.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (845 Views)

@_BJE_

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 10 (840 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok thanks for replying here is the DxDiag you requested

Message 4 of 10 (834 Views)

★★ Novice

i tried this and this and it didnt do anything i dont think this is the problem. there is something more complicated involved that i cant find out but everything helps 

Message 5 of 10 (829 Views)

Community Manager

@_BJE_

Thanks for that, the following link relates to the errors reported at the bottom of your Dxdiag:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-update/atkexcmdexe-has-stopped-working/...

The short answer there is to let Windows perform any important updates and check the ASUS website for any updates for your hardware.

Maybe @holger1405 has additional suggestions too...

barry.png
Message 6 of 10 (825 Views)

@_BJE_ @EA_Barry (thanks for tagging)

I also think that solving the "ATKEX_cmd.exe" error would be important.

Also look if you have the "AsusGameFirstService.exe" installed and running. If so de-install it or disable the auto-start > reboot > test the game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 10 (814 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply but i have been trying to find the AsusGameFirstService but i cant find it i have updated the Bios even installing and uninstalling the program but nothing seems to do anything i have tried on my other computers they run masseffect 3 fine i also swap the os drive from the both computer and still nothing change i am completely out of idea of what is causing it 

Message 8 of 10 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also i found out the game is not using 100% load of the gpu it hovers around 25%

Message 9 of 10 (761 Views)

Community Manager

@_BJE_

Okay, some more things to try:

• Try a clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
  • Right click and run the five below items as an Administrator
  • Run your video driver setup, choose custom install, then Clean Install. deselect 3D and Geforce Experience components, complete install.
  • Do not run any other graphical overlay such as Fraps or Shadowplay
  • Run System File Checker to ensure the integrity of your Windows System files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2005sp1\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2005sp1\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\directx\redist\DXSETUP.exe

Again, let us know how you get on.

barry.png
Message 10 of 10 (754 Views)