Mass effect 3 online pass

by null

Original Post

Mass effect 3 online pass

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

So I bought mass effect 3 for the ps3 a few years back when it came out and played through the game and multiplayer no problem. Last winter my ps3 died on me and I did not get a new one until recently. I unfortunately also lost my old psn account password so I had to make a new one. ANYWAY, I went to go play ME3 today and I had to re-buy and download all the DLC I had before (bummer but whatever) because I lost all of it with my old ps3. Well unfortunately, after typing in the correct online pass multiple times, I keep receiving a message saying my code is no longer valid. I was wondering what the problem was, why this is happening and if there is anyway I can make this work without buying a new code. I've already dropped a ton of cash repurchasing ME2 DLC and am not thrilled with having to repurchase ME3 DLC. Can anybody help please?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

Re: Mass effect 3 online pass

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@null wrote:

Hey,

So I bought mass effect 3 for the ps3 a few years back when it came out and played through the game and multiplayer no problem. Last winter my ps3 died on me and I did not get a new one until recently. I unfortunately also lost my old psn account password so I had to make a new one. ANYWAY, I went to go play ME3 today and I had to re-buy and download all the DLC I had before (bummer but whatever) because I lost all of it with my old ps3. Well unfortunately, after typing in the correct online pass multiple times, I keep receiving a message saying my code is no longer valid. I was wondering what the problem was, why this is happening and if there is anyway I can make this work without buying a new code. I've already dropped a ton of cash repurchasing ME2 DLC and am not thrilled with having to repurchase ME3 DLC. Can anybody help please?

Thank you

Hi null,

Let's take this one step at a time:

1) I unfortunately also lost my old psn account password...I had to make a new one. 

O.K. Even if you had to create a new password, PSN still has your account activity in their data base under your original email ( the one you used the first time you created the PSN account.)

In other words, you can go and verify this by signing in (at your PS3) using your original email address with your new PSW.

Once logged in, go to Transaction History, and check Download Content.

There you should be able to see the Online Pass and DLCs that you had purchased for ME 3. Thus, there will be no need to re-purchase them.

2) I've already dropped a ton of cash repurchasing ME2 DLC and am not thrilled with having to repurchase ME3 DLC. Can anybody help please?

The  steps detailed above should work for ME 2 and ME3 and any other stuff you have purchased in the past.

By that I mean, your original account still has everything you have purchased at the PSN Store for any of your games or other stuff (videos, music,etc)

So, my advice is to signing to your PS3 using your original email with your new password and proceed as indicated above.

CAVEAT 1: If you created a TOTALLY new account (using a different email address than the one in your first PSN account -with a new password as well), then you will definitely have to buy all your DLCs and whatever else. 

CAVEAT  2: Remember that your EA-ORIGIN-SOCIAL.BIOWARE ID's are also all tied in (linked) to your PSN ID (account) and must match exactly--email and PSW--in order for you to be able to look at your records in the N7HQ and to participate in the Forums (at Social.Bioware.)

If  all this fails then your only other option is to Contact PSN about the mishap and request their assistance. Go to https://support.us.playstation.com

Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 2 (238 Views)