Mass effect 3 citadel DLC won't download

by Gothic_Unicorn5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect 3 citadel DLC won't download

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can anyone please help me because honestly, I'm sick of Origin.

First I buy a hard disc copy of Mass Effect 3 and it decides to download from origin rather than install from the disc that I payed money for. At 99% the download stops and says that there's an unexpected error. I sent loads of crash reports, read forums, did all the things that I was told to do that would “fix” it and even went as far as to contact e, but no one seems to care. This is happening to so many people and it’s really damn annoying. So I had to get technical and after staying up all night to transfer files, I finally got the game working. After this I wanted to get some DLC's. Funnily enough, all the DLC's that were free downloaded and installed nicely onto the game, but as soon as I spend $24 Australian dollars on the citadel DLC, the download stops at 94% and has the same god damn error as before. If anyone would like to know what error it is, it’s Error: 196620:131089.

I'm sick and tired of origin stealing my money and messing everything up for me, blaming my perfectly compatible PC on their stupid problems that they never care to fix. And if I'm not able to get a refund for this, I'll consider boycotting origin all together and even maybe going as far as suing origin, because this is honestly theft, in its most inconspicuous, annoying form. Answer this soon, I'm losing my patience, and you are losing your customers!!!

Message 1 of 5 (2,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass effect 3 citadel DLC won't download

Community Manager

@Gothic_Unicorn5 I understand that this is frustrating, but hopefully we can clear this up. 

This is a generic error message for *something* stopping the download. 

I'd start by restarting your system with a Clean Boot :https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Swapping Origin to Safe Mode may help too. Click Origin > Application Settings then scroll down on the Advanced tab to get the checkbox. 

VPNs/Proxies are often a factor when this issue occurs. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,156 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Gothic_Unicorn5 I understand that this is frustrating, but hopefully we can clear this up. 

This is a generic error message for *something* stopping the download. 

I'd start by restarting your system with a Clean Boot :https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Swapping Origin to Safe Mode may help too. Click Origin > Application Settings then scroll down on the Advanced tab to get the checkbox. 

VPNs/Proxies are often a factor when this issue occurs. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,157 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah well, I fixed it eventually, but thanks for trying to help anyways.

Message 3 of 5 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My citadel dlc won’t work on my Xbox one I bought it but it’s not work 😡

Message 4 of 5 (1,063 Views)

Community Manager

Old thread is old @hex700 but with that in mind have you tried the suggestions here?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (521 Views)