Mass Effect Trilogy Activation Code Issue

by scythe7731

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Trilogy Activation Code Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy for PC yesterday and ran into an issue. The first 2 games installed fine, but when I try to install Mass Effect 3 it tell me the activation code has already been used. I seem to recall Mass Effect 1 asking me to enter in the code as well which worked fine.

In the booklet that came with the trilogy it says:

"This code installs all three games..."

What can I do to resolve this problem. There was no phone number to call or email address to send to for support. Just a link to EA's website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I found the link to get EA tech support to call me for assistnace. Unfortunately thouh the fix is to download the game from Origin, which is going to take 20 hours on my super slow connection. This is why I bought the physical copies of the games so I wouldn't have to download them Frown

Also, the disc is supposed to allow for a free download of the extended cut ending as well as some other free dlc. WIll this still happen now that the discs are useless?

Message 1 of 39 (14,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Activation Code Issue

★★★★ Guide

For activation issue, you should contact the EA support:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass Effect 3

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: ...

Click on the Live chat for a direct talk.

View in thread

Message 4 of 39 (15,376 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem just bought the game tonight.  I am doing the download option to see what happens, but like you said, its going to take a while.  This is obviously some sort of glitch, and hopefully will be fixed soon!

Message 2 of 39 (14,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

scalekot, thanks for your reply. Hopefully someone from EA can come up with a better solution for those of us stuck in this situation. I could have been playing the game hours ago. As it stands it'll be well into tomorrow before the download is even done. This essentially renders the discs for ME3 useless both now, and in the future if you ever endure a system crash.

Message 3 of 39 (14,319 Views)

★★★★ Guide

For activation issue, you should contact the EA support:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass Effect 3

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: ...

Click on the Live chat for a direct talk.

Message 4 of 39 (15,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have contacted EA both by phone and email. On the phone call I was told to just download the game from Origin. Though as i have stated, that will not be possible in my case. I have also emailed EA using your link and am waiting for a response. It is getting frustrating given that I bought the game 3 days ago in physical hard copy format and have as yet been unable to play ME3.

Message 5 of 39 (14,293 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You should use the live chat to talk with an advisor directly, the delay to get an answer with the email is sometimes very long..

Message 6 of 39 (14,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, i have the same problem too... so.. got any resolution? 

if download from the internet, so why i still need to buy a  hard copy yet?

thanks for reply.

Message 7 of 39 (14,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wow..i just live chat with the customer sercive. Vivek.

and he is very friendly and just SOLVE my problem away!

ya, maybe you guy have to try with it~

just very thanks a lot to Vivek.Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 39 (14,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What was the solution suggested?  I'm having the same issues to.

Message 9 of 39 (14,171 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too. Kinda weird. I can't install Mass Effect 3 from the disk for the same issue, but I can download it from Origin without any problems.

I will contact an advisor to see if there is a solution.

Message 10 of 39 (14,156 Views)