Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mass Effect (TM) 3 has stopped working error message .

by Soulibon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect (TM) 3 has stopped working error message .

★★★★ Novice

Hoping you guys can solve the issue for me.

I just downloaded the Mass Effect 3 Digital Delux Edition off the Origin store and attempted to play the game multiple times over the past few days. Almost 4-5 minutes into the game it keeps crashing with the "has stopped working error message." I've tried updating my graphics card, directx,  but the only thing I haven't tried is downloading patches. 

Is there a place where I can go download the most current patch? I keep attempting to update the game through Origins, but everytime I do it keeps saying the game is up to date. Which isn't true because I can go into the patch folder and see the most current patch is 1.0. 

Can anbody help solve this issue? It kind of sucks that this is a problem when you download a game off the EA digital service store. You would expect it to work after you payed $40 for the game. 

Message 1 of 2 (719 Views)

Re: Mass Effect (TM) 3 has stopped working error message .

Community Manager

Hi soulibon,

There two easy ways to check which version of the game you have installed.

1. In the Control Panel

Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Programs

Click on Mass Effect 3 and you should see this at the bottom of the menu:

ME3Control.JPG

2. From the masseffect3.exe

The file should located here: [...]\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32

Right-click on the file and select "Properties" and then the "Details" tab. There you should see something like this:

ME3Exe.JPG

To understand what the issue with your game is, could you please give us more information about your computer specs (ideally a DXDIAG)?

Thanks,

Ursula

Message 2 of 2 (648 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi soulibon,

There two easy ways to check which version of the game you have installed.

1. In the Control Panel

Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Programs

Click on Mass Effect 3 and you should see this at the bottom of the menu:

ME3Control.JPG

2. From the masseffect3.exe

The file should located here: [...]\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32

Right-click on the file and select "Properties" and then the "Details" tab. There you should see something like this:

ME3Exe.JPG

To understand what the issue with your game is, could you please give us more information about your computer specs (ideally a DXDIAG)?

Thanks,

Ursula

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com