Mass Effect DLC

by munkeefonix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect DLC

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I purchased all the ME games on XB360...  

I also purchased all the dlc.  

I have also purchased the ME games on Windows (1 and 2 twice).  

I would like to play on windows.

Bioware has that dlc linked to my account, but it does not transfer.

The content is 4+ years old at least.

It takes 5680 Bioware points to purchase the missing DLC.

It requires 7.1 Bioware 800 Point packs.  So it's 8...

With Origin Access it cost $72.00 to purchase points for the DLC.

So my question. When will you stop the raping Bioware / EA?

Look forward to your assistance!

Your #1 Fan.

Message 1 of 7 (845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect DLC

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @munkeefonix 

I am really sorry for all those troubles, but DLC can not be transferred from console to PC, you will have to buy them again, if you want to play the game on PC this time.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (882 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @munkeefonix 

I am really sorry for all those troubles, but DLC can not be transferred from console to PC, you will have to buy them again, if you want to play the game on PC this time.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (883 Views)

★★★ Novice
I was aware the dlc cannot transfer. This was just a rant that the DLC is full price 4-7 years after it's released.

Thanks
Message 3 of 7 (798 Views)

★★ Novice

The frustrating thing about this is, it IS possible, EA just refuses to do it anymore.

Plenty of success stories here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675463

Now the real question is, why did you stop?  I legitimately paid for a SECOND copy, and I only paid $50 for all the DLC the first time.  Now I have to pay $75?  This is ridiculous.  I can't even USE my old copy anymore.  Why is there not a voiding process where I can go, Okay, I can't use that on that platform anymore.  The content is 5+ years old, and available.  I'd even pay HALF PRICE TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS.

Message 4 of 7 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice
I was going to grab the PC version of the trilogy to get the dlc. I was surprised all the DLC wasn't included. Well I guess it doesn't really surprise me.

I have no problem buying the dlc again, just not at full price.
Message 5 of 7 (731 Views)

★★ Novice
Fun fact... I have since magically had all of the weapon and I think MP packs (that I don't even really care about but cool sure) added to my account since posting this message...
Message 6 of 7 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I think the multiplayer packs were already free. (I never installed the mp maps).

Has a bioware game in the last couple years even used bioware points? DA:I didn't, me3 is the last one I can think of. I don't see a reason not to cut the price of bioware points.
Message 7 of 7 (690 Views)