Re: Mass Effect 3 won't launch on XBox One

by Bluevalken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 won't launch on XBox One

★ Novice

Mass Effect 3 won't launch on XBox One for me.  I downloaded it through EA access, it runs through the XBox 360 screen but then goes to a black screen.  It is not an XBox One crash, I can return to the dashbboard from the blackscreen.

Message 1 of 14 (17,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, but I was booting from the game disc rather than EA. I just got done going through trouble shooting with Microsoft and EA.

Microsoft: As long as your console can run other backwards compatible games, the console is fine and they can't do anything.

EA: Perform a hard reset by clearing your alternate MAC address and try again.

Luckily for me the hard reset worked. Hope you get your issue resolved.

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (21,408 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @yupikpete14 

Do you have enough free space on your disk for game to install properly? Usually such an issue can be resolved with a simple reinstall. Power cycling your console can also do the trick. 

Let us know if you are able to run the game.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 14 (17,514 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for replying so quickly Archi.  I freed up some hard drive space, then uninstalled and reinstalled Mass Effect 3.  It uses about 15.5 gb, there are still 85.5 gb of free space.  It still has the same issue after reinstalling it, it goes through the opening screen and the XBox 360 animation then goes to a black screen.  It makes a sound, part of the XBox startup audio I think, after it goes to a black screen.  I powered off and powered on the console and it still has the issue.

I've got about six DLC packs installed also, it looks like a similar issue happend with Mass Effectt 3 on the 360 console with some of the DLC.

Message 3 of 14 (17,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, but I was booting from the game disc rather than EA. I just got done going through trouble shooting with Microsoft and EA.

Microsoft: As long as your console can run other backwards compatible games, the console is fine and they can't do anything.

EA: Perform a hard reset by clearing your alternate MAC address and try again.

Luckily for me the hard reset worked. Hope you get your issue resolved.

Message 4 of 14 (21,409 Views)

★ Novice

That fixed it- thanks killerfall!

Message 5 of 14 (17,487 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @killerfalll @yupikpete14 

Glad to know you are fixed now! Thanks @killerfalll for posting your solution. 

Archi.png
Message 6 of 14 (17,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When you say downloading it from EA, is that when you put the disc in and it downloads or did you purchase it separately through EA and download that way.  I have the same issue and I'm putting the disc in the console.  It shows Xbox 360 screen and it shows Shepard and then it locks on a black screen.  Like you, the system isn't locked up.  I'm ready to finish the series again before Andromeda comes out and was sad when mine didn't run.

Message 7 of 14 (17,422 Views)

★ Novice

It's a download through EAccess.  Clearing the Alternate MAC address fixed it.

Message 8 of 14 (17,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you sir the hard reset completely worked for me you sir are a god send.

Message 9 of 14 (17,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much, it worked!
Message 10 of 14 (16,061 Views)