Re: Mass Effect 3 servers are unavailable at this time. Please try again later

by holger1405

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405

Thank you. I will give it another go. Will let you Guys know how it worked out.

Message 71 of 96 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405

Just to make sure for my self. You can connect to the servers in the game and play the games with all dlc verrifyed ?

Message 72 of 96 (2,389 Views)

@LiberationArmee

Yes I can, but you can do that even if you are not connected.  (As long as you did logon to your account at least 1 time inside the last 4 weeks.)

Set Origin to offline mode and try, should that not work, disable your internet connection completely, (pull the plug or disable the adapter) and the game will run with the DLCs enabled.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 73 of 96 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405

By account do you mean the Origins account or the Mass Effect account? Because the last time i played that has been at least a year.

I did a ping check and its bad. I have the suspicion that it does not work because i am currently borrowing the wifi from somebody and he has block protocols installed in his router. I will get my own on friday. Maybe it will work then.

Message 74 of 96 (2,380 Views)

@LiberationArmee

To your Origin account, but sometimes it works regardless. Just test it, disable the wifi adapter with the switch or if there isn't one in the Windows device manager. Set origin to offline mode if the client is not already there and try. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 75 of 96 (2,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@LiberationArmee wrote:

Hi Guys,

i got off the phone with someone from EA and aasked him if the Servers are running. He checked, at least that is what he said he did and claimed them to be up and running. I can´t connect with the servers and i tried on diffrent internet connections. Also played arround with the firewall. Taht is not an issue either. 

I gathered there is quite some disconnted in this thread. Has anyone actually found a work arround ? I know of one but that would defeat the purpuose of actually buying the game. 

With regards

Liberation

While it sounds like your issue could be a local one, do not be so quick to accept the server status from the support rep. As a regular player of the ME series I can tell you that sometimes servers are reported as "down" by the game, but the status pages claim everything is fine and dandy - even when it's clearly not.

Either the server status is incorrectly reported, or there is a periodic infrastructure problem at EA interrupting the connection to users but without the DRM/DLC server itself being down.

The issue usually lasts for about an hour, but sometimes more. It is fortunately rare - I experience it about once every other month (but as I am not on 24/7 the issue could be more frequent than that).

Be aware that if you use the "offline workaround" method to get the game going, your save game files may come out of sync if you have multiple machines you use for gaming. If you use a single machine your files are safe. Additionally, ME3 relies on an outdated mobile (ported to web) "game" called Galaxy at War:

http://n7hq.masseffect.com/galaxy_at_war/

This mini-game increases your Galactic readiness score, as reported on the launch screen and in the War room aboard the Normandy. As your actual score is stored in EA servers, it is not reported correctly when you are in offline mode. This could be an issue if you start the final mission, depending on your in-game actions and number of side quests completed.

Message 76 of 96 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Guide

Another option would be to download the Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager (even if you don't install any mods) and use the Bink32 DLC Bypass tool. I think this will work even without any 3rd party DLC (mods).

Message 77 of 96 (2,273 Views)

★ Novice

EA please fix this disconnection issue. I have it for a week now, can't play any full MP match. The ping was ok at the beginning of the match, then get worse.

Message 78 of 96 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BUMP BUMP BUMP, TRYING TO PLAY MASS EFFECT THE DEMO TO SEE IF I CAN RUN IT, HELP ADMINS

Message 79 of 96 (2,221 Views)
Highlighted

@xXGrant_WardXx

The Demo severs are down for good.

To play the demo you need to disable your internet connection and set Origin to offline mode. Then the demo will run. 

Message 80 of 96 (16,907 Views)