Mass Effect 3 mouse issues

by BULETMAN529

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 mouse issues

★ Novice

In Mass Effect 3 my mouse calibration is off. For an example whenever I need to click on something I have to move the mouse a little higher and to the left than the actual button is.

If anyone can help me fix this that would be awesome. Thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (5,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 mouse issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had a jerky mouse until I mucked around with it a bit, then it worked OK.  After the Win10 Anniversary update, my mouse did not work properly at all.  The mouse would not "steer" my character and the game was unplayable.

The issue for me was Origin In-Game.  I did an uninstall/reinstall of the game, my mouse software, different mouse ... it came down to Origin In-Game causing problems.  Disabling it fixed everything for me. 

You might try this ... beats some of the other alternative troubleshooting steps and if it doesn't fix things, nothing lost.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (6,571 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you playing in fullscreen? Of so, could you try windowed mode without border?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (5,621 Views)

★ Novice
For other games that has worked however for this one when I change out of full screen nothing happens.
Message 3 of 8 (5,612 Views)

@BULETMAN529

Do you run your monitor on the native resolution and refresh rate?

Does the in game resolution match the native resolution of your monitor?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (5,601 Views)

★ Novice
I'm not sure I'll have to look into that
Message 5 of 8 (5,596 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had a jerky mouse until I mucked around with it a bit, then it worked OK.  After the Win10 Anniversary update, my mouse did not work properly at all.  The mouse would not "steer" my character and the game was unplayable.

The issue for me was Origin In-Game.  I did an uninstall/reinstall of the game, my mouse software, different mouse ... it came down to Origin In-Game causing problems.  Disabling it fixed everything for me. 

You might try this ... beats some of the other alternative troubleshooting steps and if it doesn't fix things, nothing lost.

Message 6 of 8 (6,572 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Grinch57

Thank you for letting us know of this workaround. I am sure other players might find it very useful, should they encounter such issue.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 8 (5,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

disabling oiring in game, that fixed my problem.  Mouse was jerky and movement was terrible in mass effect 3 for months, till i found this post.  haven been playing it.  Was using beta origin client.  Now it works, thanks.

Message 8 of 8 (5,014 Views)