Re: Mass Effect 3 fails to install (Microsoft Visual C++ Error)

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 fails to install (Microsoft Visual C++ Error)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to install Mass Effect 3 it stops after 5-10 seconds with this error message: The VC+ runtime redistributional package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue.

After some research in forums I found out that the issue are the vcredist2005 and vcredist2008 programms that fail to be installed which I need to do manually. 

The problem is that I can by no means install the vcredist2008. No matter what I do it simply doesnt show up in the programs unlike the 2005 which worked fine. There is no Error message, no problem report, nothing. Trying to install the vcredist2008 lead to no result at all and of course keeps me from installing the game.

I use a Windows10 system and have already tried any possible solution I could find in any board or forum without any of them working.

Any idea or tip on this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AerionTargaryen

You tried to install from your ">drive<":\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\__Installer\vc\vc2008sp1\redist" folder?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I tried to install it from that exact same path.

Message 3 of 7 (1,816 Views)

@AerionTargaryen

Download the original MS versions from here and here. (run the installer as Administrator)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 7 (1,809 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @AerionTargaryen

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Let us know how you are doing, and if you are able to play the game now. And a huge thanks to all our users, who came to help here. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I made some progress but sadly still can't play the game. I managed to install the x64 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 but the x86 still won't work. I tracked down the problem to be most likely something about windows not updating properly. Trying to fix that has been witout success.

Everytime I try to install the vcredist 2008 x86 it shows the following error just after starting the installation:

Error 193SAn error occurred during the installation of assembly iMicrosoft.VC90.ATLeversion="9.0.30729.1",publicKeyToken="lic8b3b9alel8e3b",                                   processorArchitedure="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070424. 

If anyone has an idea about that I would appreciate it.

Message 6 of 7 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AerionTargaryen

You can try MS Fix-it:

This one for the installation problem and this one for the update problem. (Open the second one with the assistant from the download menu.)

Message 7 of 7 (1,778 Views)