Re: Mass Effect 3 Xbox One wont launch help

by EA_David

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 Xbox One wont launch help

★ Novice
Mass Effect 3 wont play on Xbox One.
I get error code 0x803f8001 when I try to launch it, which makes no sense since I downloaded it off the XBL store. I initially contacted Microsoft support about this issue and they told me that it was unavailable because the games publisher pulled the game from the store which I am not confidant that is the case but when I go to the store page it says the game is unavailable. I saw other posts saw that reseting the MAC address works but it didnt work for me and I have tried it twice. I am out of ideas and need some help.
Message 1 of 8 (748 Views)

★ Novice
Picture of store page
Message 2 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Screenshot says it's not available because it's already installed...  Wondering

Message 3 of 8 (728 Views)

★ Novice
Actually here's what it would look like if it was normal.
Message 4 of 8 (725 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the post. Can I check what region you're in, or if you've moved your location at all. There shouldn't be any region-specific issues but I'd like to check just in case.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (700 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing with me. Tried launching ME3 every which way. Black screen after xbox 360 flash, playing my xbox one, after completing ME2 for the hundreth time. First time i did the play through this way (renegade and killed Zaeed on his loyalty mission And chose Morinth.) I NEED toplay ME3 with this Shepherd. My region is SE Michigan USA.

Message 6 of 8 (588 Views)

★★ Novice

Last year the solution was to launch from EA Access, I recall. No other game worth my time. I have been gaming since the 80s and this means, I am not satisfied with same simple droning repackaged stuff. MASS EFFECT still pleases. The newer stuff is super lite lacking talent and creativity. Just paint new skins and get it to market quickly and cheaply.

Message 7 of 8 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

WORKING; pulled power from power and when I powered on Xbox One, launched ME3 from game store. Love this game 👍 

Message 8 of 8 (581 Views)