Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Bug Unlimited Skill Points/ too many available

by DForcelight

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Bug Unlimited Skill Points/ too many available

★★ Novice

Hello. I got a bug in multiplayer from Mass Effect 3. I was skilling my char as I realized that something is wrong. I don't know how it happend. Now I got a Geth Titan with 6/6/2/6/6... :o At Level 18!

Message 1 of 6 (9,444 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Bug Unlimited Skill Points/ too many available

★★ Novice

I've seen this happen often with the newer characters, or which ever character is at the end of a row.

After you level up again you will have negative points available.  It just seems to be a random glitch that doesn't impact the game negatively.

Also, I have noticed that if you use a "reset points" card, you'll get the accurate amount of points.....if having too many bothers you.....lol

Message 2 of 6 (9,399 Views)

★★ Pro

Promote the character or use a respec card, as this could be seen as exploting a bug and you can get banned for it if you abuse it.

Message 3 of 6 (9,394 Views)

★★★ Novice

[quote]Ernest Tse wrote...

[quote]ka243 wrote...

What is bioware's stance on playing with 6/6/6/6/6 characters obtained due to the current bug? Is it a bannable offense? [/quote]

Yes, bannable if exploited. Those who use this glitch will have an unfair advantage over others. Please try and avoid this glitch. For those who were to unintentionally come across this glitch, there are ways to correct yourself.

Play another character of the same class until you can promote that class. This will reset your character's skill point allocations.

or

Use a powers reset consumable if you have one available.

After resetting your skill points using the above methods, only use the intended amount of skill points.

EDIT: added an "or" between 2 methods and fixed spelling mistake

[/quote]

Message 4 of 6 (9,390 Views)

★★ Novice

At the risk of necroposting, I just thought I'd mention that this bug is still present.

Is there any way to fix it without needing a respec card? It seems a shame to waste them, and having to wait with playing a favourite character until that class gets promoted seems pretty harsh, as does requiring players to calculate points themselves.

Are there any plans to actually fix the bug?

Message 5 of 6 (7,057 Views)

★★ Novice

Just saying... 4 years later and I didn't get banned. And yes, My geth Titan is still 6/6/6/6/6 xD

Message 6 of 6 (4,068 Views)