Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

by negnihs

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC Freeze at Dr. Bryson's Lab

★★★ Newbie

@Trekkiechick42 wrote:

I can confirm that after not being able to play the DLC Leviathan since mid last year when I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8 that I CAN now play it with this driver update.  However, I had to roll back to the previous driver (which for me was June of 2015 and couldn't go back any further), then manually apply the update to the new driver.  My machine is an HP and HP feels the need to control drivers, so it was a pain in the butt to get the new driver to load.  It took a few reboots and reloading the driver, but it is finally now applied. 

However, as of last night, I can now finally play it!  I have an HP Envy, with the Intel 4600 on board on this laptop. 

Kapla and hopefully everyone else can actually install this driver or a version of it to fix your issues as well. 

-- Also I need to point out that every time I downloaded it manually or via the Intel Driver Update Utility, my computer told me the driver was not valid for my computer (because it is an HP and HP feels the need to control drivers through its HP device manager software which does not recognize this driver yet).  Therefore, to get it to work the final instructions are below:

1) right click on windows icon and select Device Manager

2) Select Display Adaptor

3) Right Click your onboard chipset (mine says Intel HD Graphics 4600)  and choose Properties

4) Select Driver - this is where I had to ROLLBACK because the windows or HP version always told me it was "most up to date and quit the install process"

5) To install the new driver, you need to go to Intel's website and download the exe.  They don't have a zip file of the files yet, so instead of running the EXE, find it in your downloads folder and right click it.  You can tell it to "extract to ..." and extract to a folder you can find, such as on your desktop or a new folder in your downloads folder (your choice).  

6) After extraction of all files, I was able to click Update Driver from that same tab and point to the folder I just created.  I did a reboot after application of the driver. 

If your computer tells you it already has the most updated version, you may want to consider this option as it most certainly DOES NOT have the latest driver.  This driver fixed Leviathan for me!   :D 

Message 91 of 102 (3,716 Views)

★ Novice

Tried updating and rolling back and updating but it looks like I'm still out of luck. Again I'm on a Surface so I assume that it could just be Microsoft needs to get around to updating it. Hopefully soon.

Message 92 of 102 (3,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Trekkiechick42

I'm afraid it didn't work out, even after posting the steps you mentioned. I think the fact that my computer never said it had the most updated version should've tipped me off to that. I have a feeling I'm simply the unlucky one with incompatible hardware. Hopefully Intel will make an update for my display adapter in the future. In the meantime, I gotta stick with my old driver, it seems.

Message 93 of 102 (3,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Drat on both the Surface issue and @Blad3Zer0

I am out of ideas until another driver is released for your particular hardware. Frown

It is frustrating to not be able to play the DLC. I had stopped playing the game altogether until this fixed it. I realize it is not integral for the story line but sometimes frustration like this takes the fun out of playing and experiencing the game.
Message 94 of 102 (3,654 Views)

★★ Novice

It is definitely the intel card.

I turned it off entirely. And tried to run the game on my dedicated. It worked. It was broken and jerky and weird, but it at least loaded. 

Message 95 of 102 (3,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good news everyone! I finally got to enter the DLC normally without rolling back my driver or system.

If you are using intel HD card and encounter the issue, you may try to upgrade your graphic card driver to the latest version 20.19.15.4380, which is released last month. And under the release memo, they specially mentioned it is to fix problems across some games...

Thanks to Trekkiechick42's suggestion on installing the "Intel Driver Update Utility" in this thread, I used this software to find out there is a latest version for the intel card. My Dell laptop cannot detect latest version itself, so I can only use this tool to download it manually.

If you have difficulty installing the latest driver manually, which may reject you with some certification issue, you might try to install your driver to Microsoft basic version first, then try install the lastest version again. I can do it in this method.

Finally passed the loading screen now and I am very happy. Although now that it seems it is not the game's problem and it is fixed by Intel, I still got to say feeling somehow dispappointed in the lack of feedback from EA support here... But I am grateful there is so many active discussion from players here and I finally got a chance to play this DLC for the first time.

Message 96 of 102 (3,571 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you check out my post? =]
Leviathan DLC Dr Brysons Lab freeze workaround

Message 97 of 102 (3,531 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm on windows 8 and have this problem.

It is the frist time it happened. So far I could always play the DLC without problems. (Except for that ladder thing.)

Message 98 of 102 (2,663 Views)

@MsMellanna

Did you tried the driver @DancingC suggested and did you checked the sticky thread with the workaround?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 99 of 102 (2,657 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add that I have Windows 8.1 and Intel HD 4600 Graphics, up to date, and I also get the infinite load when trying to get to the lab. Downloading that 20.19 driver update didn't help, but disabling my Intel graphic card did. It was laggy and almost unplayable, even just choosing dialogue options, but I got through the load screen. 

Message 100 of 102 (2,437 Views)