Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 Digital Download - Graphics stutter

★★★ Novice

PC stats -

CPU - i7 -3770

Mem - 16G

GPU - GTX 670 OC

Windows 7 64bit SP1

I recently recieved ME3 with the free game from Simcity from Origin, have downloaded and installed twice now, during cutscenes and gameplay the visuals have a stuttering effect. Ran Fraps with a 62 FPS on max resolution and AA on etc, i also tried running it on 800x600 but with the same effect.

My next step was to download the demo version of ME3 from Origin, to my surprise the game works perfectly on max settings with a 62/63 FPS

any suggestions??

Message 1 of 10 (3,851 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 Digital Download - Graphics stutter

★★★ Novice

Ok I got it to work!, it was running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, changed it to windows 7 and works great!

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (4,272 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

HAve you tried to disable Origin ingame?

Just untick the box here Origin -> Settings -> In game -> Enable Origin in Game. 

Or are you running some kind of software firewall like Comodo Defence+?

Message 2 of 10 (3,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have unticked origin ingame, still have the same problem, but i thought i would record it through Fraps, and the play back video was fine, not stuttering at all... but what i see on my screen still stutters...

Running no software firewalls...

Message 3 of 10 (3,832 Views)

★★ Pro

That's pretty strange - do you have an SLI setup? Is maybe the screen-refresh rate different than 60Hz?

Message 4 of 10 (3,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

No SLI, screen refresh rate the same, The demo runs perfectly, full game, **bleep** house, so it has to be game files...

Message 5 of 10 (3,814 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can i play the game without origin? or download a digital copy from another source for the files and still use my product key to activate it? or could i source a cd version from a friend install it from disc then use my product code to activate?

Message 6 of 10 (3,802 Views)

★★ Pro

You'll have to have Origin installed for ME3 to work, I'm afraid. Have you tried an earlier video card driver from last year, when ME3 was released (around March / April)?

Message 7 of 10 (3,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nar i havnt, will give it a crack and ill let you know how it goes...

Message 8 of 10 (3,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok I got it to work!, it was running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, changed it to windows 7 and works great!

Message 9 of 10 (4,273 Views)

★★ Pro

Great to hear - strange, that it would run in compatibility mode. Anyway - have fun! Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (3,775 Views)