Mass Effect 3 DLC will not install (PC)

by hardstyler081

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 DLC will not install (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After trying to get help from EA help chat who told me to manually uninstalling then reinstalling Origin which I do and I still can not get my Mass Effect 3 DLC to install or even download.

I thought I manage download it as that's what Origin was telling but after the download and clicking the ready to install nothing happen so I left it for the night and came back to it this morning to find that it no longer is telling install but download. I click the download button next to the DLC I want and it ask me what language I select English and nothing happens.

When trying to load a saved game I get a msg saying that I'm missing DLC and can't play that saved game therefore the DLC is not installed.

Update a fix can be found here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/ME3-DLC-Downloads-in-Origin-not-working/m-p/1866903#U1866903

(I search for ages and still only found this by luck after post this... you need to improve the search) 

To EA this need to be fix when I download ME3 DLC it should go the ME3 DLC folder not to The Final Hours Of Mass Effect 3 DLC Folder.

Message 1 of 2 (4,171 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC will not install (PC)

★★★ Apprentice

Being a PC repair tech I feel like throwing in my two cents for schits n giggles: 

The answer revolves around the installation folder itself.  That's a Windows problem.  The administrative rights grant you full access, but when uninstalling a program there are more often than not folders and files left behind.  Essentially the problem is eliminating all of the folders/files when uninstalling & reinstalling.  The easiest solution would be for EA to offer a 'reinstall' feature for PC users that includes a special command to fully wipe & create new folders.

Ultimately this is a similar problem with other games & antivirus programs in Windows, not specific to ME3.

Message 2 of 2 (2,511 Views)