Mass Effect 3 DLC Causing Crashes

by Neuling2014

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 DLC Causing Crashes

★★★ Newbie

As the title says some DLCs have been crashing my game specifically the Citadel and Extended Cut DLCs. They would first freeze and then crash my game after the intro/ tutorial part of the game. I have played the game without those DLCs and I have been able to play the game perfectly fine although with few graphic bugs.

Message 1 of 7 (732 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Causing Crashes

@Neuling2014

Did you try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME3 > Repair)

Did you tried to re-download the DLCs?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 7 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I did try to repair the game and uninstall/ reinstall but it did not work, I did find a bypass in which I downloaded the DLC after the intro. (This is Neuling2014, EA forced me to make a new account or something(

Message 3 of 7 (694 Views)

@Neuling2017

@Neuling2017 wrote:

(This is Neuling2014, EA forced me to make a new account or something

What forced you to make a new account?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 7 (683 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, in any case back to my original issue, is there anything that I can do to stop it? or are the first options the only way(s).

Message 5 of 7 (669 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag

Message 6 of 7 (667 Views)

@Neuling2017

First, your Alienware PC uses the NVIDIA Optimus technology. It is crucial for Optimus that the drivers working together.

Use the latest driver from Dell (link) for both, the Intel and for the NVIDIA GPU. (The driver for your Gtx 745 is the second one on the bottom) 

Install the drivers this way:

• Download the drivers.
  • Go offline (Pull the plug or disable the Wi-Fi)
  • Deinstall the drivers for both GPUs from the Windows device manager. (right click the device > deinstall)
  • reboot
  • Install both drivers
  • reboot.

There are a lot of "Eternal Crusade" crashes (This crashes still happen?) in your DxDiag, but no ME3 crashes.

Go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME3 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up like the DxDiag.

Furthermore your Windows 10 is still on build 14393, the Creators update should be installed by now. Did you blocked the Creators update manually?

Message 7 of 7 (654 Views)