Re: Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition cannot connect to se

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition cannot connect to server

★★★ Novice

Hello, fellow EA Answerians. 

My problem that I am having is that 4 games (I know only 3 in the title) don't/cannot connect to their game servers. 

1. Dragon Age II (this is not a huge problem, really, I just noticed it)
  2. Dragon Age Inquisition (I cannot play Multiplayer, which sucks)
  3. Mass Effect 2 (I have to actively go on offline mode or it gets stuck trying to connect to Cerberus Network)
  4. Mass Effect 3 (will not connect to servers and will not authenticate DLC)

I have been all over this site looking for answers. I have obtained a new IP, reinstalled Origin, disabled my Firewall, etc. I am at my wit's end. Help?

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition cannot connect to se

★★★ Guide

Hi there. I probably won't be able to help (as I'm not very technical) but posting a DxDiag will probably help those who are more technical help you.

Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

@N7Inquisitor360

Reset your router.

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.)

Should it work after you disabled the firewall, here is a description how to allow a program to communicate through the firewall

If that not helps here is a EA connection troubleshooting guide.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)